Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: MMORTS in beta: Stronghold Kingdoms  (Read 11910 times)

Offline Rezin99

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • puff, puff, pass!
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 5.49" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: uhStoneYuh
  • Ruler: Rezin99
Re: MMORTS in beta: Stronghold Kingdoms
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2011, 10:22:19 pm »
there is an ingame chat. it's just hard to find and not well organized:
there's a comments section for each parish (click the city looking tab between the village tab and tech tab);
there's kind of a cheapass forum for each parish also. (once in the parish tab above, go to the brown tabs and click the speech balloon)
there's also a chatroom in that game client, with access to a real time parish chat (which is always abandoned?) and a global chat. (click settings at the top of the game window, then click chat)

I'm in the global chat right now. irc ftw.
sucks we are in diff parishes. whats your handle over there?

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2011, 10:27:23 pm »
this game makes me feel stupid     :nuclear:

we almost need a list of everyone thats playing with their SHK screen names.

done:
http://rialliance.net/index.php?topic=42791.msg427393#msg427393

I might give it a try if you promise me that it doesn't blow cock.

all I can say is, it's better than CN. there is a lot of potential for politics and collaboration, but like most of these games it will get boring if we don't get a good game community.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Rezin99

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • puff, puff, pass!
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2011, 10:33:30 pm »
I need to work on learning all the mechanics.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2011, 10:55:55 pm »
example of avatar and shield you can change at any time (I think)

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/6310/shksh1.jpg
MMORTS in beta: Stronghold Kingdoms

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2600/shkav1.jpg

avatar shows when you click someone's town, haven't seen shield in game yet. you edit it @ the login screen, and you edit hte avatar by clicking settings in the main game screen

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • LEGENDARY SPACE SUPER WARRIOR!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Karma War Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 13.72" long.
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Shadortha
  • Ruler: Pancaeks
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2011, 01:29:48 am »
Yeah so imma join, temme what to do.
<%Leo[RIA]> it's better to be feared than respected
<%Leo[RIA]> especially if you lost that respect mentally raping them with spam
Yeah, fuck you.
Those kind of pictures really don't do it for me. To each their own, I suppose.
Not enough goats?
Oh look, a kenny, i have found.
He likes his tits, all firm and round.
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.
His hair is purdy, it touches the ground.

Offline Rezin99

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • puff, puff, pass!
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2011, 01:49:23 am »
join w2 and try to get in tiperary

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet One year of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative IIDA Graduate and Cadet
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2011, 02:00:18 am »
So. I'm stalling out I do believe.

Offline Rezin99

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • puff, puff, pass!
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2011, 02:05:52 am »
right on.

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet One year of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative IIDA Graduate and Cadet
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2011, 02:27:05 am »
How important is getting the wood/stone techs? I'm 2 points into both, and I cannot make nearly enough shit in a day to grow fast.

Offline Rezin99

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • puff, puff, pass!
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2011, 02:30:02 am »
are you on now?

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2011, 02:39:11 am »
ja

Offline Rezin99

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • puff, puff, pass!
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2011, 02:39:44 am »
Pretty important but you want horsemanship and scouting too. as well as tools. Scouting and foraging so you can launch attacks. llama is a more leet than me. get in chat and ask questions too, ill be on 5 more minutes

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2011, 02:44:21 am »
Some time later, I'm going to post some info on here, then log off.

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2011, 03:02:51 am »
Fuck it, audit my villiage:
Spoiler for People:
42 Total Peasants
- Including 2 Scouts + 10 peasant Militia
24 Unemployed Peasants
68 Housing Capacity
Spoiler for Errata:
3,362 Wood Per Day
2,174 Stone Per Day
225 Iron Per Day
783 Honour Per Day
29 Popularity
- (+0)Low Tax (+215G - 18G(Tithe))
- (+17)Regular Rations (12,900 eaten, 16,245 made, 3 types)
- (+0)Ale (No Inn yet)
- (+18)Housing (63%)
- (+0)Low Tax (+215 - 18(Tithe))
- (+0)Buildings
- (+6)Events (Drizzle)
Spoiler for Buildings:
5 Woodcutters
4 Stonecutters
1 iron Mine
4 Orchards
4 Dairy farms
5 Hovels
1 Flower Garden(?!)
1 Brewery
1 Hunter's Hut
Spoiler for Technology:
Spoiler for Industry(10):
Stone Quarrying 2
Wood Cutting 2
Tools 2
Iron Mining 1
Banqueting 1
Hunting 1
Weapon Making 1
Spoiler for Military(9):
Castellation 1
Fortification 1
Command 1
Conscription 2
Scouts 2
Horsemanship 1
Pillaging 1
Spoiler for Farming(8):
Orchard Management 2
Dairy Farming 2
Plough 2
Hops Farming 1
Animal Husbandry 2
Spoiler for Education(10):
Mathmatics 4
Arts 4
Decoration 1 (?!)

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2011, 07:26:07 am »
well I'm still pretty noob myself. based on what I've learned, the most important early tech is tools... which I did not research at all.

also good: wood/stone/orchard management.

and if you're an active player you can try:

scouts/horsemanship - to help you get to the unidentified stashes first, and win honor

conscription/command/forcedmarch - earliest way to attack wolf lairs, bandit camps, and AI castles ("snake's castle"). I haven't really tried this one yet, might be better to skip conscription and wait til you can use a better military unit... unless there are a lot of AI around you, and the other players aren't dominating them, in which case it might be profitable and necessary to focus more on military in the beginning. btw scouts can be used to scout out everything, including AI camps... the more scouts deployed, the better chance they will succeed... idk if they will die if they fail.

note: to get honor from these they must be in your honor circle, the red circle centering on your village in the map screen.

the simplest tactic overall is probably to research wood/stone/orchard management, get heaps of apples, give your villagers extra rations to make them happy and build lots of hovels for them to fill up. when your village has a lot of people, tax them heavily. when the unemployed toniculation has left, reduce the taxes a lot and they will start coming back, and while they're doing this you'll be getting honor for making them happy via extrafood+lowtax+extrahovelroom. for this tactic, art is also useful.

my village:

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/6393/raovil1.jpg

I started out mainly with woodcutters because stone quarries only require wood to build. so I figured, focusing on wood = faster boom. I built the resource buildings close as possible to the stockpile, and then additional ones spread out behind them. you may notice that buildings along the edge are halfway off the map, I thought that building them from the edge, inward, would save space. I built the hovels close to the village hall, of course; between the hall and the stockpile, trying to line them up so they wouldn't get in the way of food buildings on the other side. as for food, I built the orchards far from the granary; I was not trying the simple tactic I mentioned earlier, cos I didn't know about it; my plan was to have a lot of different kinds of food (which also adds to happiness), so I left extra room for later buildings and started the orchards farther off. this slowed down food production a little but because I focused on scouts, I scouted a lot of food stashes. in research I focused first on scouts and horsemanship, which is fun but probably not the most efficient, along with wood/stone/getting to all the farm techs as fast as possible, which required I level a lot to access them. also some art, haven't done mathematics yet. another thing mathematics is good for, I think it lets you access techs for merchant guild, which then lets you build a merchant cart, which then lets you sell excess goods to the parish capital... important for tactics based on overproducing a certain resource, I guess. I also moved my granary to fit in against my dairy farms... because in the tutorial I got a premium token, which let me move buildings for a limited time. with later towns which are specialized I might move the stockpile closer to one resource, once I figure out if there's a way to do that without spending real money :/

important: I barely did research into anything military, and the reason for this is because in my immediate area, all the other established players are aggressively taking care of any military. and I don't have any AI enemy siege camps in my parish threatening to attack. I have 20 armed peasants, but even that I don't need because I have not yet been attacked. so pay attention to your region, you may need conscription/command to defend from the AI, which means you may also profit from forced marches if you go that route. even if you don't militarize, though... the AI only takes a little bit of honor and perhaps a handful of resources when he wins. the only AI that attacks is the 'enemy siege camp,' and there will be a notification in game if one is around, they delete after 5 or so attack waves against everyone in the parish they are in, and they give an hour notice before attacking, viewable in the attacks tab.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 07:45:32 am by llamavore »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Rezin99

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • puff, puff, pass!
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2011, 11:05:43 am »
thats your villa? Im so fail. makes me want to restart...........

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2011, 12:36:57 pm »
Alright, So I just got off-track, that's a relief.

Offline Rezin99

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • puff, puff, pass!
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2011, 01:23:43 pm »
I totally restarted.

Offline Rezin99

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • puff, puff, pass!
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2011, 02:57:11 pm »
and I am literally neighbors with lemon and milk

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2011, 07:04:20 pm »
it's good to be neighbors with inactive players, but if someone is really active you want to be in a diff parish so you don't compete for stashes and random things.... make sure also that you let rezin99 go inactive, or they might delete you

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 48 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317