Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Thoughts on suicide?  (Read 9465 times)

bioakky

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2007, 10:34:43 pm »
Quote from: wethepeople
Quote from: Shyox
Also, I don't think that God is all-powerful, for another thing.

If he isn't, then people could go back on his plans/Change them, or just ignore him. All of which are impossible.

No, I didn't. I said we cannot erase God, or remove him. We cannot leave him out of the equation, he is all powerful and all knowing. We cannot ignore his plans, or not hear them. But we have the choice to accept them or not.

That is all...

wethepeople

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2007, 10:37:00 pm »
..What are you getting at? The things you bolded are pro free will. o_O

bioakky

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2007, 10:39:17 pm »
No, the things I bolded completely destroyed the point the other was making.

One says you can't go against him. The other says you can go against him however much you like.

Maybe if religion actually made sense, and wasn't just a system to control people under rules (that I hate)...I'd be more accepting of it (but still not believing).

wethepeople

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2007, 10:41:37 pm »
It /isn't/ a system to control people. Christianity's entire foundation is free will, and choice, and following God. The things I posted are pro free will. You can ignore God, but thats free will. You can accept him or not, thats free will. Not accepting is the same as ignoring. Are the beliefs of Christianity /so/ hard to even look at without getting hostile? I mean seriously its not like I, or other Christians, want to destroy the world. Jesus' messages were on love, peace, understanding, salvation--Good Lord would you rather us follow something without purpose or a God, or be horrible people? We follow Jesus in our lives, and follow his plan. I've seen his love, and his hand in my life, enough to prove that God is real. I follow him in hopes of making Jesus proud, and to help others. Save me before I commit another sin as equal to that. You're so caught up in trying to disprove it, you have no idea what you're even saying. You would rather there not be guidelines, or a Lord we can follow? You would rather our lives be pointless? There is no way to disprove God, only ignorance to hide him in. You can say that everything disproves God, I can say everything proves him. The fact is, you haven't tried Jesus yet. You haven't brought him into your life yet, or tried to understand him.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 11:23:18 pm by wethepeople »

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
  • war boner is 0.26" long.
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Casterly Rock
  • Ruler: leonardothered
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2007, 11:58:50 pm »
Quote from: Shyox
Quote from: bioakky
He's saying you're brainwashed because you're believing lies...Lies that a god exists/existed/whatever and that Jesus is whoamgallpowerfulblahblah, and all that.

Not whatever you just said.

>_> Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Shy. *fkees your wrath*

I dislike a good part of the Christian religion, so that's not really wrong.

I'm sorry wtp, but... Well, you basically are one of the people who made me become afraid enough of God to believe in the religion. Southern Baptists.

Wtp, I just don't think you can quite understand what it's like, honestly. I'm sure you've had your own trials with religion, and I'm sayingmine have been worse, just different.

Unless you aren't being literal, I live on the East. My beliefs are that we should follow Jesus in our life, and try to walk with him. To uphold his ministry, and to try and be the best Christians we can. Sorry I'm scary.

Please, just because I'm Christian, don't assume I've had a cloud 9 life.

... That's sort of what I put the "Not saying mine were worse" clause in there...  
A Lannister always pays his debts

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2007, 12:17:55 am »
Stupid kids...

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

wethepeople

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2007, 12:21:24 am »
Who?

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2007, 02:00:11 am »
Anybody who contemplates suicide. It's childish invincibility thinking. The full consequences of such actions are incomprehensible, and these fools actually want to do it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 02:00:23 am by Flask »

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 6.25" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Realm of Mpire
  • Ruler: invincible13matt
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2007, 04:15:17 pm »
hey, watch out who what you say about invincibility! :-D Just kidding.

Yeah, suicide's foolish. I don't care a lick about other people's feelings (man I'm messed up... thank God for, well, himself) but I can see enough that I won't.

And Shy, watch what you type, because you actually said, "I'm sayingmine have been worse" instead of the negative, which you undoubtedly meant.
More resilient than Wile E. Coyote.

Third, Fourth Great War Veteran, War of the Coalition Veteran
Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
  • war boner is 0.26" long.
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Casterly Rock
  • Ruler: leonardothered
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2007, 06:19:12 pm »
Ohh... Yeah, that's supposed to say "haven't".
A Lannister always pays his debts

Offline Taladrea

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/angellicdarkness
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2007, 06:47:13 pm »
I know I am the new kid on the block here, but I would like to throw my few cents into this topic since I have tried, failed and still wished it would have worked when I tried. *puts up the shields against flaming for that admittance*

Suicide and religion have always been tied together. Everyone has there POVs on both subjects, some have a short answer and others have the long almost novel version to give as to why they are pro-suicide or anti-suicide. Through out history a lot of the more CockPonytic scenes had suicide in it, for example "Romeo and Juliet". Star crossed lovers whom since their families couldn't resolve the differences they had blamed themselves and took their own life so they could be together. All be it, twas to be a rouse...but that is how it ended up.

I have been given the lines of "It's selfish to kill yourself, don't you know who all you'd hurt by doing that?" and the infamous "He isn't worth it.." one. But the fact remains that it is your choice to go. It is illegal to kill yourself in most countries, namely the US. That is even if you are terminally ill with Cancer or another disease that is far beyond treatment. In most cases people bare such burdens that they can't handle it anymore, medically or otherwise. So, they wish to terminate their lives so then they no longer carry it.

My version is both personal and well, more to the "left" as it were. We are not given a choice to be born, why shouldn't we have the choice to terminate our lives should we see fit? The law doesn't choose our religion for us (at least here in the US) so why should they tell us what we can do with our lives and bodies? On the personal note, my life hasn't exactly been happy...the few and rare times I have a happy moment, it has turned into a nightmare. I haven't tried to kill myself since I was 16, and I do not cut myself only due to the fact that I do not wish to have another emergency order to go to some "Happy Farm" and have pills shoved down my throat because they claim it'll make me all better.

Not only that, I do have medical problems where it is hard for me to learn on the same level as other people, and I am extremely shy or nervous in social situations so I don't communicate too well in person. In general it is a problem for me, I know what I wanna say, but getting it out verbally is a pain. Yes, I can speak and my vocabulary is pretty high, but putting into something someone understands is a big deal. So, I get flustered and well, you can take it from there.

Basically, it should be your choice and no one else's should you choose to kill yourself. And no one should tell you how you should live your life either...give advice, yes; tell you...no.
~ Taladrea

your # Did not want to post it dut where r u @ ?

and can I have it?

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success." - Bruce Feirstein

"Stop making me repeat myself! Its bad for my health!" - Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing)

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2007, 07:13:51 pm »
allow me to challenge your view for a moment.

Suicide, to me, is cowardly. It says, "I haven't the guts to go on with life; it's all too hard for me so I'll just quit. I'll end it all and not take advantage of the life I've been given." It's sorta like staying behind in the Foxhole when your CO tells you to move forward. "I can't face the hardships ahead."

Happiness is a point of view, really. I suffer because I am beyond most people in terms of intellect. Thus, I draw unnecessary ire from those who don't appreciate it. But I have never contemplated suicide, never cut myself, never done any of that crap. Why? To me, it's sorta like practice. I am called to be happy in my suffering. And so I continue on.

Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline Taladrea

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2007, 07:19:37 pm »
Yes, but if you have a severe medical problem like terminal Cancer and the pain gets so bad that it hurts to even breathe (I knew someone with small cell cancer), then you should be allowed to. Other countries allow asst. suicide only after going through extensive psychological testing as well as physical to make sure that the claim is true before they sign off on it.

States of mind can change drastically for some folks, and hardships can double with a certain state of mind. But for some the state of living can be more overwhelming then the state of mind to bare.
~ Taladrea

and can I have it?

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success." - Bruce Feirstein

"Stop making me repeat myself! Its bad for my health!" - Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing)

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2007, 07:21:58 pm »
nothing is too painful for you to handle. Nothing. Believe me, I've almost destroyed myself with the antics I've put myself through. In general, what I'm saying is be a man and die like one, regardless of your gender. Fight it to the end. Giving up is a waste of the time God has given you. Even if you feel like you're dying of pain, do something until you die. Don't give it up.

Offline Taladrea

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2007, 07:30:31 pm »
"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved." - Helen Keller

Is basically what you are saying, however giving up is the only choice a lot of people see left. Why not allow them to do so? Holding on to a ghost is not possible, and those that chose death see it that way.
~ Taladrea

and can I have it?

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2007, 07:33:20 pm »
Just a quick poll: How many of you suicide contemplators have something truly debilitating in their lives?

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2007, 07:34:00 pm »
the thing with me is that I can't fathom why people give up at all, having done so only rarely myself. I make it a point to never give up, and that is likely why I would never again consider suicide, regardless of the pain I'm in. I'll go until I die of something outside my control, that's the only way I see fit to go.

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2007, 07:45:53 pm »
Quote from: invincible13matt
the thing with me is that I can't fathom why people give up at all, having done so only rarely myself. I make it a point to never give up, and that is likely why I would never again consider suicide, regardless of the pain I'm in. I'll go until I die of something outside my control, that's the only way I see fit to go.

Exactly.

bioakky

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2007, 10:11:05 pm »
Quote from: Flask
Just a quick poll: How many of you suicide contemplators have something truly debilitating in their lives?

That's not my biggest reason for wanting to die. Truth be told, there's no ENORMOUS thing in my life that makes me depressed.
I'm actually only depressed by daily life edit
The real reason for suicidalism (not a word, but still a good description) for me is that I have always felt incomplete as a person. The closer I get to pain and death, the better I feel. I can barely stand to look at my arm now that many of the scabs/scars are starting to fade because I feel...empty. I crave...even seek out death. I don't know how better to explain it...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 06:37:11 pm by bioakky »

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2007, 04:07:37 pm »
that's pretty morbid. I mean, me having a sadistic streak and all, I enjoy death, but not my own death. That's no fun. I have so much more to live for, and so does everyone else. If you haven't died from something beyond your control, then you still have a purpose.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 43 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317