Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress  (Read 7633 times)

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2007, 02:07:55 pm »
We should do a succession game, like the Boatmurdered thing.

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2007, 06:07:59 pm »
I'd be willing to do it! We should have it organized by next weekend. I gots finals this week >_>

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2007, 08:08:24 pm »
I have a first year colony that just hit spring.....

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2007, 08:12:27 pm »
I dont know how to quit without saving =[ so i'm not going to play that one til you guys tell me how to send it to you soz you can succession it.

edit: NVM i figured out how lmk if you guys want it
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 08:20:32 pm by llamavore »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized Mars!
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2007, 11:15:29 am »
I figured out how to transfer save files, if anyone still wants to do the succesion game thing:

1. If you're still playing DF, save and quit.

2. Go to this folder. If you changed the name or have a different version, the first part should be whatever you changed it to or downloaded.

df_27_169_33f\data\save\

3. Find the appropriate region folder. If, when selecting a world to load, it says "region7" in the info area for that save, the region folder you need is region7.

4. Upload that region folder to your favorite file-hosting site.

5. Give the next player the link to the file.

6. The new owner of the save file then downloads it to df_27_169_33f\data\save\ (or whatever), and continues the game.

I tested these steps (except for the last three) between two different versions, the newer version having no save files whatsoever, and it worked. I assume that the last three steps will work without testing.

According to the download page, any game from sub-version A to sub-version F (the current one, released yesterday;) is compatible with any other version within that range; however, I suggest that if we decide to use the same version, F would be a good choice; according to the Changelog, Toady finally fixed the damn "hey, let's channel out each other's floor" bug.

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

This.

What the fuck llama.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2007, 04:30:23 pm »
yeah i just lost 4 dwarves in the beginning to the channel thing... they dug eachother into the water table

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2007, 02:23:46 am »
Yeah, I want to do this

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2007, 11:24:12 am »
i just started another one... there's lava and trees and access to stone and a river. i'll try and take some screenshots so you know what's going on from the start.

there is also a giant eagle. -.- i better start up on those crossbows.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Untelligent

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2007, 04:20:14 pm »

Zombies ate my post.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 04:48:56 pm by Untelligent »

Stay Frosty.

This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2007, 06:53:00 pm »
A giant eagle O_o

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2007, 08:27:56 pm »
the eagle went away.

so untelligent does that mean you are going to start the fort out?

in that case i've been documenting mine for nothing. actually i think i'll keep taking pictures and we can use it on the next succession game, so the work isn't for nothing.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Untelligent

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2007, 04:47:52 pm »
You already started?

Oh.

Nvm.

*conveniently hides last post and lets Lllama-dude continue*

Stay Frosty.

This.

What the fuck llama.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2007, 09:57:19 pm »
ok, anyone have a good file-hosting site?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Grand Poobah Marx

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Economics One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 5.89" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: North Place
  • Ruler: Grand Poobah Marx
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2007, 10:24:19 pm »
Wow.  I totally did not find those in 5 s of searching..

http://www.mediafire.com/
http://myfreefilehosting.com/
Master Raider

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]cave laborem[/span]

Quote from: llamavore
I say listen to the gay jew.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2007, 12:18:26 am »
Giltbeards ftd/l   comes with some screenshots and information about starting dwarves.

those next in line may want to look it over.

I wrote in a lot of the story with the 'point of interests' on the left.

edit: link fixt
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 10:14:37 pm by llamavore »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Untelligent

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2007, 04:19:41 pm »
Urge to kill rising.

84 Megabytes? Are you fucking kidding me? I looked at my own region folder and it's only six or seven. I apologize for being rude, but how much extra crap did you put in there that you could easily have posted in this topic? That'll take like a week to download on my 17th-century internet. If it's not too much trouble, could you make another file with VITAL CRAP ONLY?

Also, I suggest to prevent further zombie attacks, we should start signing up in an organized manner. Add yourselves to the following list as needed. If nobody else signs up by the time Llama hosts a file with VITAL CRAP ONLY, I'll take #2. We'll start "looping" the list when we get to the end.

1. llamavore
2. Untelligent(???)
3. PROFIT. Or whatever.
4. etc.
5. etc.
6. etc.
7. ETC DAMMIT
8. 9. 10. 11. Fucking 300 maybe. I dunno.

Urge to kill falling... Falling... Falling... RISING... Falling... Gone.

Sorry about that, unnecessarily large files tend to piss me off occaisionally.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 04:38:20 pm by Untelligent »

Stay Frosty.

This.

What the fuck llama.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2007, 10:15:09 pm »
heh, i accidentally uploaded the whole save folder. fixed now.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Untelligent

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2007, 05:17:13 pm »
Thank you. THE OFFICIAL LIST is below, which I will edit and/or repost as needed.

1. Llamavore
2. Untelligent

So... Anyone want to reccomend me a freeware .RAR unzipper?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 05:26:30 pm by Untelligent »

Stay Frosty.

This.

What the fuck llama.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2007, 09:10:17 pm »
you probably know these already, they are trialwares... winzip, stuffit expander, winrar.... what's the attachment size limit on your email?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline OFudd

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized the Moon!
  • war boner is 8.94" long.
  • has 10 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2007, 12:37:40 am »
Quote from: Untelligent
Thank you. THE OFFICIAL LIST is below, which I will edit and/or repost as needed.

1. Llamavore
2. Untelligent
3. Oh, Fudd!

So... Anyone want to reccomend me a freeware .RAR unzipper?

Oh, oh, me 3!  

I just lost my 12 year master colony when an enraged peasant broke the lava floodgate.  Bastard deserved to fry, but now I am cut off from all the surface, all my picks are underground with an aquifer between them and the surface.  Has anybody got thru a 2-level aquifer from the bottom?  There was a small solid area between the magma seam and the aquifer and now its destroyed.  Only one dwarf topside and he's got no tools, zombie hippos all around, and nothing to trade for a pick.
Drkistan link
 cows and pigs

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 49 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317