Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: I pulled off the most daring, yet successful move in Medieval II.  (Read 2892 times)

wethepeople

I was playing as Milan (For nubfaces they're located in northern Italy in Medieval II.) and right now I own most of Italy, some of North African and am currently trying to conquer Venice. My main goal is to be allied with the Turks, Egyptians and Byzantines and control islands in the Aegean to secure epic amounts of cash.

Until then Venice must die. So they have three enemies. The holy roman empire, France and the Papal States. I bribed HRE and the Papal States to attack Venice. The Papal states took on a castle with trade routes into the sea. They took the castle. HRE attacked an island god knows where in the Aegean. I took Venice, their Capital. We won, Venice was destroyed. In order to be my allies I asked HRE and the papal states to give me the territories they just took. They gave me the territories, became my allies and now trade with me, Venice is gone and I'm ruler of two seas and Italy.

<3
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 12:10:23 am by wethepeople »

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nothingface/
I pulled off the most daring, yet successful move in Medieval II.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 12:17:57 am »
I need to get back to my epic campaign with my Norman freebooters from Sicily. I'm at war with pretty much everyone and am/was the terror of the Mediterranean. Of course, nobody will give me peace because they can't get over how awesome Norman Knights are
Now in NpO. Take that as you will.

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 12:21:27 am »
Is the game really that involved? Sounds cool.

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

wethepeople

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 12:30:35 am »
Its more involved then that. 10x more diplomacy then you can imagine. Diplomacy, city building (Each territory has a city. Theres like 600 territories in the game.) plus it has grand scale battles like you would not believe. Check it out. Also you have faction leaders, heirs, and family and generals. Each General gets stats depending on how they act. Execute all the prisoners of war and they become dreadful but powerful. Enemy morale goes down, but so does income. If you have a nice general who releases prisoners, uses fair tactics and is nice on tax rates they become chivalrous. Your soldiers morale goes up, and so does income. Also theres a religion system. Game kicks ass.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 12:33:54 am by wethepeople »

wethepeople

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 12:32:06 am »
Quote from: Joker
I need to get back to my epic campaign with my Norman freebooters from Sicily. I'm at war with pretty much everyone and am/was the terror of the Mediterranean. Of course, nobody will give me peace because they can't get over how awesome Norman Knights are

Awesome. Sicily is a kickass faction, though the most annoying to play. The only real enemies you can fight are Moors (Pushovers.), and more italians. All of which have the same units. But if you hold all the seas in the game and launch a grand scale invasion into Spain, then move up from there into Europe you'll be unstoppable. And Norman Knights leading the way.

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 08:14:41 am »
how does this game compare with europa universalis iii?

Offline eliminat

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://billjaquette.net
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 09:25:33 am »
Makes me miss Rome: Total War.    Love that game.
--------------------------------------
Ambassador to CRAP/NADC

Eliminat of Billium, Defender, This medal is for offensive support on the battle field, and moral support off of it.

--------------------------------------
http://billjaquette.net
Make a few $ a month.

http://billium.myminicity.com/

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 10:57:38 am »
how does this game compare with europa universalis iii?

Another EU3 player! Anyway, M:TW2 has real time battles, but the campaign map is turn-based. Medieval's diplomacy is (much) less involved, the map only covers Europe and parts of Russia and the Middle East, there's a lot less factions, graphics are better, there's more building to do, there's no research, the game ends some time in the 1500's I think, and there's some elements of roleplay, in a way, in that you actually have to manage your dynasty, building up their traits, and the same goes for generals, though generals are much easier to come by.

Basically it's EU3 with pretty graphics, real time 3D battles, and a simplified, turn-based campaign mode in a shorter time frame. Oh, and it doesn't have that awesome Paradox support either

Offline Lord Doom

• Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Foshizzle
  • Ruler: Lord_Doom
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 03:21:13 pm »
anyone know where i can get these games for free cause im a cheap whore?
Chillaxin
Quote from: Moth
Derpa derpa de durr!
<Damen> Moth doesn't mate. thus has no use for a Moth mating cry

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 07:02:46 pm »
Quote from: Flask
Is the game really that involved? Sounds cool.

Let me put it this way: this is the first time I've ever heard of the diplomacy in that game not being completely broken.
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 07:10:28 pm »
Did anyone else look at the title and think "MediEvil 2?"

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

wethepeople

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 07:13:10 pm »
Cynic the 1.2 patch fixes 95% of diplomacy problems. And yes, this is the luckiest move ever in the game. Most of the time they're complete morons.

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 07:23:02 pm »
I have the 1.2 patch.  The only improvement I found was that they don't demand $120,000 for a ceasefire when I'm seiging their last town, outnumbering them 3:1.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 07:23:11 pm by Mr_Cynic »
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

wethepeople

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 07:36:50 pm »
XD Ahh, good times. Good times. One time I took out England with 4000 troops. They were down to their last city and asked me to be their protectorate or I would be attacked. That was in the 1.1 patch though. They're a lot smarter for me in the 1.2 patch.

Offline Kaiser

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 09:20:49 pm »
Do you need a good graphics card to play?

Quote from: Emperor Whimsical
Well, Kaiser proved me I was wrong, and then Delta WTFpwned me.

wethepeople

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 11:45:52 pm »
What card do you have Kaiser? I have an x1600 pro for ATi. Joker plays with a 6600, I believe. My card is a bit weaker then a 7600 from Nvidia.

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 11:51:12 pm »
Yeah, 6600GT. I desperately need an upgrade. Since you can handle World in Conflict you can handle M2TW - I run WiC at all low settings, but I can take M2TW on mostly medium with huge units.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 11:51:57 pm by Joker »

wethepeople

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 12:00:00 am »
Since you have a job you should get another 1GB of RAM and a better card Joker. <_> You really need an upgrade. So do I.

Yeah, Medieval II isn't demanding. Turn off shadows and AA though. The shadows are often glitchy and more annoying then good, and though they add atmosphere they also destroy 10FPS for me.

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 12:08:32 am »
I'm saving for a whole new computer. Fuck upgrades, just get the whole kit and caboodle together and better.

wethepeople

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 12:12:05 am »
Yeah. Any prebuilts you have in mind already? I could help you find some sweet deals if you want.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 36 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317