Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: I'm writing a story based on...  (Read 1406 times)

wethepeople

I'm writing a story based on...
« on: November 19, 2007, 01:55:12 am »
Warhammer 40K. <3 I'm going to write up a story based on many battles I've had, but mishmashed into one cool story. The Imperium of Man has launched a mighty purge against the swamp planet Exidus. It contains relics of old, such as pieces of the Imperator titan and alien artifacts. 51 Divisions of the Imperial Guard are sent in to take the planet battle by battle. The inhabitants, however, won't welcome them with open arms: The Orks (Before you close the topic know two things. I'm editting the orks to be more badass, there will NOT be any Ork dialogue or raping of the english language.). You may either be Human, Ork, or Other. The other will be revealed within the story. For human you can either be a soldier, tank driver, pilot--Anything. An ork however is an ork. This isn't gonna be a corny story or kinda cartoonish like the game is, this is gonna be brutal.

Basic notes about how it functions: A player may die. I will have a fair selection process (Bunch of names in a hat. <_<) and if your name is drawn, you will die. Sorry. This goes for all the races. There will be a giant hat, not a hat per race. *'s are optional. Age doesn't matter, but its cool to know. And if you don't pick a class I'll pick one for you. Orks do NOT have classes. You can make any type of class up.

Fill this out:

Race:
Name:
Skills:
*Class: (Pilot, tank driver, heavy weapons, etc.)
Weaknesses:
Specialization: (Weapons, healing, magic if you're a psyker. Etc.)
Description:
Gear: (Max of six things. Rifle, pistol, two grenades, a backpack and a satchel for example.)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 01:57:27 am by wethepeople »

wethepeople

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 02:02:59 am »
Btw, I'll have a character. His name will be in the hat. He might die.

Race: Human
Name: Alexander "Rev" Constantine
Skills: Specializes in driving tanks and manning stationary guns such as heavy bolters or recoiless rifle emplacements. Has seen two wars already, so he knows how to maneuver and shoot. Expert with the M229 grenade launcher.
Weaknesses: Gets light headed when battles break out. Often forgets to take cover or reload. Forgets his objectives when in a battle. Trusts people too quickly.
Specializations: Heavy weapons, driving.
Description: He's taller then most other Imperial guardsmen. He has crewcut black hair, a scar running down his left cheek from eat to mouth. He's not fat, but he is large. Very muscular. Seering green eyes.
Gear: Kasarkin heavy rifle, frag grenade, backpack with extra ammo, bolter pistol, Imperium codex.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 02:54:14 pm by wethepeople »

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 11:40:25 am »
Name: Thom "Thumb" Fairaday
Skills:  He's capable of picking up and hauling weapons that people would have to be augmented usually for. Inaccurate mostly, but who needs to be accurate with a huge heavy machine gun or rockets? Very tough to take down--has survived multiple gun shot wounds and physical fights.
*Class: (Pilot, tank driver, heavy weapons, etc.) Heavy Weapons/Flamethrower
Weaknesses: Poor accuracy, relies on pure strength alone for hand to hand combat. In hand to hand combat, he goes into an uncontrollable rage, which is not especially effective for quick, nimble opponents.
Specialization: (Weapons, healing, magic if you're a psyker. Etc.) Heavy weapons/Flamethrower
Description: He's a HUGE guy, so his nickname is sort of ironic. Very muscular, and tall. Surprisingly genial, and pretty straightforward. Down to earth. Smart, but in a quiet, reserved way.
Gear: (Max of six things. Rifle, pistol, two grenades, a backpack and a satchel for example.) Incinerator, fuel tank, Hellgun, backpack, extra clips, picture of his kid.

Offline dester55

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Overlooked member of the RIA
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War IIDA Graduate and Cadet Five years of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 18.67" long.
  • has 189 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: kamicassis
  • Ruler: dester55
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 01:31:17 pm »
Race: human SM if possible
Name: Irving "shadow" hunt
Skills: Very observant, has an aptitude for making strategies on the go, very resourceful, can pick up a gun and figure it out in no time.
*Class: (Pilot, tank driver, heavy weapons, etc.) heavy weapons/ heavy infantry
Weaknesses: has slightly poor vision, can be slow moving at times,
Specialization: weapons/heavy weapons (Weapons, healing, magic if you're a psyker. Etc.)
Description: average hight, average build, brown hair, grey eyes, served in 5 wars, battle hardened veteran, knows the weaknesses of most opponents, leader of 1 brigade. very strong, very sneeky
Gear: (Max of six things. Rifle, pistol, two grenades, a backpack and a satchel for example.) heavy plasma rifle, bolter gun, spare ammo, food rations, backpack, spare boots
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 01:38:13 pm by dester55 »

When everyone rage quits I start taking my clothes off.

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 4.97" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 03:46:25 pm »
Name: "Chaos" Korhne
Skills: Powerful fighter, able to take damage, is immune to weak magic abilities due to his strong warp presence
*Class: Heavy Infantry
Weaknesses: He often forgets he has a Bolter pistol and just charges at the enemy, sometimes forgets he is now fighting for the Imperium
Specialization: Close-combat, pretty fast
Description: A former-Chaos Khorne Berzerker, Korhne abandoned his first name when he joined the Chaos legions. Due to the insanity that often overtook him when he stood near the Warp, he no longer remembers his first name and people just call him "Chaos" because of his history. He will still have periods of time where his lust for blood is severe, and he must be held or chained down before he kills anybody in his company. He stands 6' and never takes his armor off except his helmet. Always has his weapons within 10 feet of him. Red eyes and red hair. Most people think the hair is dyed from all the blood of the enemies he has slaughtered.
Gear: Chain-axe, Automatic Bolter Pistol, Khorne Berzerker armor, able to cast the Mark of Khorne into the air, and 2 grenades

I was wondering if I could make another character? I would love to make a psyker...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 04:06:47 pm by pielord47 »
Ruling over pie since that one time a couple years ago.

Quote from: Wikipedia Article for Portal
Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 6.25" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Realm of Mpire
  • Ruler: invincible13matt
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 04:26:15 pm »
Name: Derik Kerid
Skills: Fanatical devotion to the Emperor allows him to ignore all but the most dangerous wounds, inspires others very easily and to almost his own level of fanaticism, a pariah, strong at close combat
Class: Leader
Weaknesses: requires lots of after-battle surgery and augmentation because he tears himself apart during battles, stubborn as an ass
Specialization: Close combat, inspiring the soldiers
Description: An Imperial Guard priest, he stands shorter than most of the men but his fiery nature makes him seem larger than most of them. He is heavily augmented in the arms and legs, and these augmentations frequently require heavy repair due to his merciless use of them. Wiry. A veteran of many, many battles, and remembers all of them.
Gear: Eviscerator, bulletproof Imperium bible, iron faith
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 04:26:55 pm by invincible13matt »
More resilient than Wile E. Coyote.

Third, Fourth Great War Veteran, War of the Coalition Veteran
Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

wethepeople

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 04:43:16 pm »
Sure, you can make another one. Only two per person though.

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 05:58:11 pm »
Name: Pasklin "Gold Mind" Dormint
Skills: Almost completely immune to other magic user's
*Class: Psyker
Weaknesses: Is not as accurate with Lightning Arc as he should be
Specialization: Magic, master at Strip Soul
Description: Stands 5 and a half feet. Never takes off his helmet. Fond of saying, "You requested a psyker, my lord!" whenever the general calls for him. Spent twenty years moving in closer to the Warp in order to increases his resistance to it. Called "Gold Mind" for his superior intellect and ability to think a few steps ahead during combat. Knew "Chaos" as a Khorne Berzerker and was often chased near the Warp by him.
Gear: Power staff, bolter pistol, psyker robe and helmet, and "Under" Armor (Minimal armor under his robes)

Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 07:12:34 pm »
Name: Ari Mains
Skills: Alpha Plus Psyker
*Class: (Pilot, tank driver, heavy weapons, etc.) A little kid, refugee
Weaknesses: He's scared and alone. His psychic talent is blooming rapidly, and it's a wonder how his mind has not been tainted by the warp. It's a shame that with such power, most of it is unpredictable, making him dangerous to be around in a stressful situation.
Specialization: (Weapons, healing, magic if you're a psyker. Etc.) Lots and lots of uncontrollable, powerful magic.
Description: He's just a scared little refugee looking for his parents, who were brutally murdered in front of him. He mentally blocked this event out, obviously, and he's very VERY shell shocked.
Gear: (Max of six things. Rifle, pistol, two grenades, a backpack and a satchel for example.) Biscuits, a pocket knife, some candy, and a strange amulet...

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 6.25" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Realm of Mpire
  • Ruler: invincible13matt
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 09:42:15 pm »
Race: Ork
Name: Durg
Skills: Good at fightin', even by Ork standards
Weaknesses: Stupid, and an ork
Specialization: Chopping stuff
Description: Nob ork, even bigger and stronger than most Nob orks. Only a little smaller than most of the Big Meks, but a fair bit less intelligent. Muscly, and intimidating. Likes trophies and frequently hordes them from his warboss.
Gear: Ork axe, big shoota, crude armor
More resilient than Wile E. Coyote.

Third, Fourth Great War Veteran, War of the Coalition Veteran
Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

wethepeople

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 05:32:36 pm »
A couple more entries and I'll start writing.

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 09:06:50 pm »
I can provide you with a well thought out deus ex machina character if you ever need one.  He was born from the long car rides to crew races.  >_>
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
Quote from: Flask
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline Lanna

• Ministress of Secks
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Military Operations
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://realbigcheese.livejournal.com/
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 10:44:31 am »
Race: Nymph
Name: Nia "Sugar Lips" Tessely
Skills: Good at distracting others by how she plays with her hair and smiles.
*Class: Prostitute
Weaknesses: Can't run fast.
Specialization: Seducing people (men and women alike) and illegally selling Vodka to teenagers, table dancing.
Description: The lovely young lady is 5 ft 9 inches with secksay pink eyes and brown hair with red streaks on one side of her head and all pink on the other side.  She wears only red dresses.  She alternates between a pink and black polka dotted stilettos and black sexy buckle thigh high boots.  She has a pair of orange ear warmers in her trench coat pocket that she wears in the cold night while going house to house looking for men to entertain into the morning because she has no home.
Gear: Trench coat for prostitutes, Molotov cocktail, Plasma Cannon, Rape Kit, Make-up kit, handcuffs and a whip.
Lebanese Proverb: Lower your voice and strengthen your argument.

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 11:06:19 am »
niiiiiiice

Offline Lanna

• Ministress of Secks
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 03:44:35 pm »
Thank you!  It was a group effort.

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 12:42:06 pm »
i revived this so people would see in case you wanted more characters c-zom

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 12:48:49 pm »
lol @ just noticing the prostitute has a plasma cannon

wethepeople

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2007, 07:04:32 pm »
Nice, these are all the characters I'll use. I'll have the first chapter up in a week.

Offline Lanna

• Ministress of Secks
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 12:00:40 am »
Yeah, my gal has a plasma cannon.  And yay, I look forward to reading the story!

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 44 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317