Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: C-zom is getting a real comp!  (Read 1690 times)

wethepeople

C-zom is getting a real comp!
« on: November 22, 2007, 06:53:43 pm »
Parents are letting me buy the parts now. <3

RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP: (Computer case.)

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

ATi Radeon 3870 (Get ATi Radeon 3850 if it isn't available anywhere.)

Antec earthwatts EA430 ATX12V v2.0 430W Power Supply

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM

X-fi Xtreme gamer Sound Card

ASUS 18X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe

Microsoft Windows Vista 32-Bit Home Premium

Microsoft MX518 Mouse

Logitech G15 keyboard
I need to spend less then 1K on the whole thing, this came up to about $900 with shipping. Gonna be freaking sweet to play my games maxed out. The 4600 will be OC'd, don't worry. Thats why I'm getting it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 11:36:59 pm by wethepeople »

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 07:34:30 pm »
NO NOT ATI RADEON YOU'LL HATE IT TRUST ME NOT COMPATIBLE WITH STUFFAHHHHHHHH

Offline Kaiser

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 07:42:53 pm »
No idea what you just said at all.

Quote from: Emperor Whimsical
Well, Kaiser proved me I was wrong, and then Delta WTFpwned me.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 08:15:48 pm »
get nividia!!!!!!!!!
much better stuff
also i recomend an amd will an am2 model motherboard so if you ever want to upgrade it costs a lot less

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

wethepeople

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 10:33:01 pm »
XD

No. The 3870 is a much, much better deal. And card! It blows away the 8600GT (The only other good card in the price range for DX10.) And it beats the 8800GT. The new 3xxx series by ATi owns. And I've been an ATi fan all my life, I won't change. Core 2 duo E4600 > AMD's for the same price.

ATi and Intel is the way to go for me, and this is the max I can spend.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 10:34:09 pm by wethepeople »

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 11:09:03 pm »
nice, but i'd trade out the fancy keyboard for a core 2 e6750 processor.

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has colonized Mars! Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 11:16:10 pm »
GH-6490xt
TTXe60
GO406TGPO877906 II
>_>

wethepeople

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 11:19:13 pm »
Come again Ganon? <_<

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has colonized Mars! Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 11:21:16 pm »
*Flees*

wethepeople

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 11:21:23 pm »
Quote from: schneereich
nice, but i'd trade out the fancy keyboard for a core 2 e6750 processor.

I'd need to swap out the powersupply too. Trust me, this is the best deal.

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 11:31:45 pm »
a 430w antec can easily handle the e6750. i havent loooked at the chipset compatibility though. if they can use the same motherboard theres no reason not to do it.

wethepeople

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2007, 11:33:44 pm »
Wow, it really is cheap. Goodbye keyboard, hello e6750!

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 10:29:52 am »
it may be a cheeper way to go to get an intel now but 2 years down the road when you want to upgrade less you go for some crappy thing you will have to upgrade your intell motherboard also, with an am2 you can just get a quad core or a tri core (when they come out) and keep the motherboard
also i have an amd 5000+ and it has way more power than its rated for
i'm pulling around 2.7-2.8 out of each 2.6 chip

http://www.ibuypower.com/mall/amd64-lobby.asp

look at the 2 systems in the middle at the bottem
yes, they are pre-built but for around 1k you are getting almost the same system but with amd and nvidia
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 10:37:20 am by Vector »

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline Secundo

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theredline.org
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 07:47:55 pm »
Quote from: Commisar Gaunt
NO NOT ATI RADEON YOU'LL HATE IT TRUST ME NOT COMPATIBLE WITH STUFFAHHHHHHHH

I wish someone had told me this before I got my laptop... Now I have nvidia on my desktop and I'll never go back. Seriously, listen to the man.

Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

Quote from: DrunkWino
Damn, that's about as close as I've ever seen Ambassador Light get to tell somebody to go fuck themselves.

wethepeople

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2007, 07:55:10 pm »
Seriously, no thanks. I'm going Intel. Screw the ATi though, the 3870 went up $100 today. I'll probably get something else. Still gotta find one.

Offline eliminat

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://billjaquette.net
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007, 08:07:25 pm »
Intel's a better CPU for speed, heat, and power, and unfortunately AMD has nothing comparable on the horizen.

And WHAT have you been reading?  ATI is NOT faster than the 8800GT.   8800GT is faster than everything except an 8800GTX.   ATI's cards are just to fill in at budget area.  ATI/AMD THEMSELVES say as much.  They are NOT competing for the high end cards (anything 8800)  right now.     I build computers everyday....   it's my job to keep up on this.  And I've seen the 512MB 8800GT's for around as low as $249 ~ $269 range.

Also, for best prices you may wanna wait till Monday.  It's "Cyber-Monday".  The Internet's equivilent of "Black Friday".  Should be a lot of deals.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 08:10:18 pm by eliminat »
--------------------------------------
Ambassador to CRAP/NADC

Eliminat of Billium, Defender, This medal is for offensive support on the battle field, and moral support off of it.

--------------------------------------
http://billjaquette.net
Make a few $ a month.

http://billium.myminicity.com/

wethepeople

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 08:13:17 pm »
You're right, I already double checked up on that. Mixed up the 8800GT and 8600GT in the benchmarks. Still though I don't have the money for a 8800GT and they aren't available, so I'll need to get a 3850.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 08:14:44 pm »
how can you say they are not going for power? look at amd's new quad cores, they have just as much as any intel model and they run on the am2 motherboards so you dont have to shell out a few hundred more to upgrade

however, as for nvidia vs ati i must agree with you. sadley, my parents like best buy meaning i had to drop $300 to get a 8600 for our computer (cause they have to install it)

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 08:15:19 pm »
use tigerdirect.com for the 8800 they have some of the 512 models for less than 300

Offline dester55

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Overlooked member of the RIA
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been a diplomat Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 18.67" long.
  • has 189 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: kamicassis
  • Ruler: dester55
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 08:19:49 pm »
Quote from: Vector
use tigerdirect.com for the 8800 they have some of the 512 models for less than 300

tigerdirect sucks balls man dont go there ever

When everyone rage quits I start taking my clothes off.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 42 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317