Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: This is the scariest song made. Period.  (Read 629 times)

wethepeople

This is the scariest song made. Period.
« on: December 30, 2007, 12:06:03 am »
And best song, IMO.

Street Spirit

Yorke talking about it: I can't believe we have fans that can deal emotionally with that song. That's why I'm convinced that they don't know what it's about. It's why we play it towards the end of our sets. It drains me, and it shakes me, and hurts like hell every time I play it, looking out at thousands of people cheering and smiling, oblivious to the tragedy of its meaning, like when you're going to have your dog put down and it's wagging its tail on the way there. That's what they all look like, and it breaks my heart.

Offline Chuck Normis

• Coalition of Royal Allied Powers
  • Cactus
  • Awards Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 14.33" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
    • CRAP
  • Nation: Kickastan
  • Ruler: Chuck Normis
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 12:16:48 am »
yea, I wouldn't call it the scariest...but your description of the dog wagging it's tail as you are going to put him down does describe the way the audience looked like as he sang that sad song. But, it is a very good song...it does have that depressing feel in the music though.

MY Nation Link!!

When in doubt. WHIP IT OUT!!!

wethepeople

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 12:21:08 am »
He says thats how he feels about the audience in general, not just that one. People always cheer for that song. He hates life, and to him people cheering for it is like dogs wagging their tail before they die. They don't understand the song, and they are blind to its meaning or whats going to happen.

@_@ Really scary stuff. Thom is a genius.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 12:25:53 am by wethepeople »

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nothingface/
Now in NpO. Take that as you will.

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 02:11:17 pm »
It's so.. @_@

wethepeople

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 07:00:33 pm »
Frankie was pretty awesome. Street Spirit is still alot more chilling to me though, cause you sorta know what its about but not really. Frankie tells you its story, Street Spirit hints at it.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 36 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317