Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: So, Macworld was today. And, now, I hate Apple more.  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Karma War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
So, Macworld was today. And, now, I hate Apple more.
« on: January 15, 2008, 01:43:18 pm »
Great job, Apple. You've taken pre-existing ideas in the industry and made them completely shitty.

First in the exhibit of shitty...

The Macbook Air.

[a href=\"http://www.9to5mac.com/macbook-air-2453564654\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.9to5mac.com/macbook-air-2453564654[/a]

Nice concept, huh? A laptop that is even more portable!

[a href=\"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASUS_Eee_PC\" target=\"_blank\"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASUS_Eee_PC[/a]

So, how did Apple fuck this up?

The Macbook Air...costs 1,800 dollars.

The fuck, WHAAAAAAAAAAT?

Are you bullshitting Apple? You are going to sell a stripped down Macbook that is slower, has a small screen size, and does not include a disc drive of any kind...for more than the Macbook and call it progress? Suck my nuts, Steve. I don't care how many coffee drinking liberal arts majors buy your garbage; suck my nuts.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 03:51:30 pm by Hyperonic »

wethepeople

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 01:45:32 pm »
....Wow.

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nothingface/
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 01:51:06 pm »
Apple overprices shit so much just because it's Apple branded, it's ridiculous.
Now in NpO. Take that as you will.

Offline Dontasemebro

• What does the custom title look like
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 12.48" long.
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: RIAland
  • Ruler: Dontasemebro
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 02:08:46 pm »
Im sure if microsoft made their own hardware it would be overpriced too. *looks at xbox360*. Nevermind. Macsux madcox.
My cat watches me have sex, he's not the only one.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

wethepeople

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 02:26:31 pm »
If anything the 360 is underpriced, actually. <_<

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 02:33:53 pm »
The Wii's the only current generation console not being sold at a loss.

Offline Grand Poobah Marx

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 5.89" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: North Place
  • Ruler: Grand Poobah Marx
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 02:36:33 pm »
Quote from: wethepeople
If anything the 360 is underpriced, actually. <_<

Or at least fairly priced.  Way better value than Wii or PS3.

I don't get that shit Apple throws out.  Why the fuck would anyone buy slow computers just because they say, "Look, I'm smart, savvy and actually a fucktard!"
Master Raider

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]cave laborem[/span]

Quote from: llamavore
I say listen to the gay jew.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 02:43:43 pm »
^^
thats cause the built it super shitty for the first year(s)
but ya, $1800 for that? what a rip off, next they will be asking me to pay $400 for a crappy book viewer and $300 for a keyboard and mouse combo

>_>
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FI73M...;pf_rd_i=507846

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseand...ls.aspx?pid=080

<_<

end of the fucking world!

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Karma War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 03:49:29 pm »
Quote from: Vector
^^
but ya, $1800 for that? what a rip off, next they will be asking me to pay $400 for a crappy book viewer and $300 for a keyboard and mouse combo

>_>
[a href=\"http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FI73M...;pf_rd_i=507846\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FI73M...;pf_rd_i=507846[/a]

[a href=\"http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseand...ls.aspx?pid=080\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseand...ls.aspx?pid=080[/a]

<_<

The keyboard and mouse combo is a set that is rechargeable, bluetooth, has USB ports built into it (which, in effect, makes those ports a type of wireless USB), the mouse is laser with a smooth scroll wheel that scrolls vertically AND horizontally, and it all comes in a very slim design. Totally worth the 300 dollars. In fact, the 300 dollars is a great deal.

I agree on the Amazon thing. What a piece of overpriced trash. The laptop link I posted in the first post (The Asus EEE series) is cheaper than that and can do everything the electronic book reader can do and more!

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 04:37:21 pm »
Quote from: Hyperonic
Quote from: Vector
^^

>_>
<a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FI73M...;pf_rd_i=507846" target="_blank">http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FI73M...;pf_rd_i=507846</a>

<a href="http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseand...ls.aspx?pid=080" target="_blank">http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseand...ls.aspx?pid=080</a>

<_<

The keyboard and mouse combo is a set that is rechargeable, bluetooth, has USB ports built into it (which, in effect, makes those ports a type of wireless USB), the mouse is laser with a smooth scroll wheel that scrolls vertically AND horizontally, and it all comes in a very slim design. Totally worth the 300 dollars. In fact, the 300 dollars is a great deal.

I agree on the Amazon thing. What a piece of overpriced trash. The laptop link I posted in the first post (The Asus EEE series) is cheaper than that and can do everything the electronic book reader can do and more!

meh, keyboard wise its very nice but as for the mouse, i've seen (and owned) many berrer mice that are $75 or less
that means your droping over $200 for the keyboard, not worth it i think
when i comes down to 200 though, i might grab one

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline OhBuhnanerz

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 07:27:01 pm »
Quote from: Hyperonic
Are you oxshitting Apple? You are going to sell a stripped down Macbook that is slower, has a small screen size, and does not include a disc drive of any kind...for more than the Macbook and call it progress? Suck my nuts, Steve. I don't care how many coffee drinking liberal arts majors buy your garbage; suck my nuts.
I also have nuts for Steve jobs to suck to salt off of...

once I have him tied in my basement Ill give you a call

Offline Crunka

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 4.32" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thecolourofmusic
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 08:39:57 pm »
i think we can all agree that steve is a fucking fag
"it's better to live one day as a lion[/size] than a thousand years as a lamb"
[/i]

check out my flickr!
check out my band: The Color of Music
check out my cock

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 06:02:00 am »
Mac sucks.  On wheels.
>_>
*fkees*
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
Quote from: Flask
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline DrunkWino

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 03:06:09 pm »
It's a basic business strategy. Produce a *new*, expensive product and sell it for as much as the market allows, taking a loss per unit sold due to the high price to produce it. After a time, the price drops, but the cost of production also drops as companies find newer and less expensive ways to produce their crap. Meanwhile, you try to make up your losses by pimping your other products.

It's theoretically supposed to work, having your other products basically pay to lower the tech of the new product, then again, Sony got a well deserved screwing on the PS3 and the iPhone isn't having nearly the success Apple wanted.
Vote Cthulhu 2016

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 03:15:54 pm »
Quote from: DrunkWino
It's a basic business strategy. Produce a *new*, expensive product and sell it for as much as the market allows, taking a loss per unit sold due to the high price to produce it. After a time, the price drops, but the cost of production also drops as companies find newer and less expensive ways to produce their crap. Meanwhile, you try to make up your losses by pimping your other products.

It's theoretically supposed to work, having your other products basically pay to lower the tech of the new product, then again, Sony got a well deserved screwing on the PS3 and the iPhone isn't having nearly the success Apple wanted.

With the consoles, profits are supposed to come from additional accessories sold (controllers, headsets, etc.), as well as licensing of games.

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Economics One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: goddammit
  • Ruler: certainly not
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 03:35:15 pm »
Hi, I use Macs.

But that is indeed ridiculously expensive.

Some of the Mac-hate in this thread, though, is completely unfounded. However, for my sanity and yours, I'm not going to argue it.
fuck off

Offline Grand Poobah Marx

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 5.89" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: North Place
  • Ruler: Grand Poobah Marx
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 05:44:50 pm »
Argue away!  But Macs are overpriced for what they do.  Unless you're buying them for the pretentious factor, in which case there is no better investment.
Master Raider

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]cave laborem[/span]

Quote from: llamavore
I say listen to the gay jew.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 08:15:00 pm »
Quote from: Grand Poobah Marx
Argue away!  But Macs are overpriced for what they do.  Unless you're buying them for the pretentious factor, in which case there is no better investment.

or if you want insane power

right now in a mac you can get up to: 32 gigs ram, 8 3.2ghz cores, 4 TB HDD space, 3 24in wide monitors, 1.5 gig dedicated video memory on some insane graphics card that can run crysis on high

with all the other things at levels of awesome the total comes to around $25000

Offline DrunkWino

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 08:16:50 pm »
Quote from: Joker
Quote from: DrunkWino

With the consoles, profits are supposed to come from additional accessories sold (controllers, headsets, etc.), as well as licensing of games.

And in the PS3 case, they banked on Blu-Ray. Now, it looks like Blu-Ray is going to be the entertainment industry standard, so Sony's gamble might pay off.

See, when they released the PS3, they aimed it at my demographic, the 25-35 working professional that grew up with the good ole NES. The figured that we had more disposable income than the younger folks and that adding the Blu-Ray player was going to make it seem like a decent purchase for the price, even if the games sucked at launch. What they didn't figure on was that my age group would look at the price tag and act like reasonable consumers. That's the nice way of saying that a lot of us said "Screw that, I'll wait till the price drops. So, Sony had to drop the price (and eat a large chunk of their ego thinking we were all dumb enough to pay that much,) and now they're not going to see nearly the profit from the PS3 than they thought. They'll eventually see it, after a few years when they refine production to the point that they are making a profit off each sale, but they might be hesitant about producing the next-gen system. That's where Microsoft is going to smoke them. They're going to be able to afford to develop a next gen system much sooner than Sony and Sony will either have to suck up the losses and release their PS4 while the PS3 is still at a loss per unit, or sit out.

/and Apple products have ALWAYS been overpriced, but their customers will pay it.
Vote Cthulhu 2016

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 07:26:09 am »
My friend is a complete Mac fanboy (Paul M., Connor) but I go along with it to avoid conflict.
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
Quote from: Flask
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 47 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317