Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Welcome to The Zone.  (Read 2346 times)

wethepeople

Welcome to The Zone.
« on: February 22, 2008, 11:00:05 pm »
This story is in the works. =D But its going to be sweet. It will be a fan made story about The Zone in Chernobyl, with elements of Shadows of Chernobyl and my own visions. You may create a character below and you will be integrated into the story. It will be about life, survival and the mystery of The Zone. I cannot promise a cheery story, though. :X Its gonna be as morbid as I can write. It won't be an entire sad fest, but it will be negative.

Name:
Personality:
Strengths/Skills
Weaknessess:
Outfit/Looks:

The Zone: It exists, but without the mutants and faction wars and has a ton more radiation. But in 1986 a Chernobyl power plant exploded. It sent radiation EVERYWHERE, and made a huge radius unusuable. Cities, towns and factories all got evacuated. The place was abandoned in a day. There wasn't so much as a deer there for years, but wildlife is starting to come back. In the movie, game and in my story the Zone has some mutants, gangs fighting for territory and money and survival. But its not entirely fighting. People as a whole collect radiated pieces of metal and other material called Artifacts that grant abilities, or just enfuse a ton of valuable metal into one blob. This, surviving, and conversation are the main driving points. Occasional firefights, character development, mutants and other horrors of the Zone are the main elements in the story.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 02:10:30 am by C-zom »

wethepeople

Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 12:19:41 am »
Zero posts. <_< THAT was unexpected.

Offline Dontasemebro

• What does the custom title look like
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Illuminati War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 12.48" long.
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: RIAland
  • Ruler: Dontasemebro
Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 12:25:04 am »
Name:Grigor Molitov
Skills:half his body is mutated==plasma gun, extrafast thinking with half of his brain
Personality:compensates for non-mutated side by being overconfident
Strengths/Skills:Has good fighting ability
Weaknessess:overconfidence clowds his strategic thinking
Outfit/Looks:think twoface from batman
My cat watches me have sex, he's not the only one.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline Adolf Von Sippycup

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 12:47:32 am »
Yeah, I'm looking for a new muffler... Oh wait, this isn't Auto Zone!
In a perfect world the mentally handicapped will lead the blind.

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nothingface/
Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 12:49:42 am »
Name: Andrey (no last name given - how shady! And yes, I do believe it's a Russian name )
Personality: Quiet, generally cautious yet given to spurts of impulsiveness, pessimistic, and bitter about his home.
Strengths/Skills: Crack marksman, good at repairing weapons, good at breaking into things meant to be kept closed
Weaknessess: Scared shitless by bloodsuckers, refusal to use better equipment out of attachment to older equipment, refuses to go into danger alone
Outfit/Looks: A Russian Army tigerstripe camoflage jacket with a Spetznaz patch sewn on it. The collar's slightly open to reveal and telnyashka (blue and white striped, tightly fitting shirt) underneath. The pants are US Army surplus. His hair is nearly militarily short and brown. A respirator hangs around his neck and is connected to a tank on his back, which is in his pack along with a myriad of other things. His weapon of choice is an AN-94 assault rifle, while his sidearm is an old Nagant revolver.
Now in NpO. Take that as you will.

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 12:49:59 am »
Name: Arseni Pavlov
Skills: He was a local track star as a boy. Now he serves as a part-time Stalker, mainly just scouting for other parties.
Personality: Slightly cowardly; if things don't go the way he wants them to, he may panic.
Strengths: Running and pushing himself past his limit, in terms of survival.
Weaknesses: Cowardice and doubt; when making plans, he usually only has one, and if it doesn't work he panics.
Outfit/Looks: Neatly combed black hair; slightly stocky and on the shorter side; gray sleeveless shirt with dark blue vest; blue jeans and hiking boots. His neck is faintly scarred from an attack by a pack of blind dogs.

Mind you, I've never played Shadow of Chernobyl, so I have little experience to pluck from. If anything needs to be changed or modified, I'll do that.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 12:52:22 am by Flask »

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

wethepeople

Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 01:02:13 am »
Name: Zalost "Phantom"
Skills: Sneaking and using camofluage, handling of sniper rifles, keeping secrets and avoiding mutants and army patrols.

Personality: Zalost is a quiet man. He is reserved to himself after years of warfare and crime. He only talks when spoken to. This, on top of being an expert at camoflauge, has coined him the name "Phantom.".  He's learned many alternate paths along the Zone, and can spot the best terrain for a sniping angle immediately. Zalost can turn angry at times, or fall into a miserable mood. The Zone's atmosphere and his company don't help this.

Strengths/Skills: He can handle a sniper rifle quite well. Camoflauge, tracking terrain and smuggling artifacts and anything else are his top skills. He's a fast sprinter, and can handle some explosives.

Weaknessess: His skills with other conventianal firearms are slim. He can only handle rifles, pistols and some basic explosives. He's careless at times, due in part to his lack of motivation or love for being in the zone. Doesn't keep friends, and only cares for himself.

Outfit/Looks: Zalost stands roughly six feet tall, wearing a ghillie suit at all times. This hides the white and black tiger stripe shirt he wears underneath, and his white pants he 'acquired'. Slung onto his back is his K-98 rifle, which is hooked onto a backpack containing supplies, a Luger handgun and some grenades. His long hair is covered by a leather helmet covered in grass and foliage, and only his eyes and nose are visible. His appearence is odd, but recognizable. People know who he is upon view. Underneath the suit he is scarred and burnt in some spots, but he's fit as a race horse from the lifetime in the Zone.

wethepeople

Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 01:35:09 am »
Quote from: Dontasemebro
Name:Grigor Molitov
Skills:half his body is mutated==plasma gun, extrafast thinking with half of his brain
Personality:compensates for non-mutated side by being overconfident
Strengths/Skills:Has good fighting ability
Weaknessess:overconfidence clowds his strategic thinking
Outfit/Looks:think twoface from batman

This is just fine, except there are no plasma guns in the Zone. :x This is a semi-realistic story. Anyway, this works just fine otherwise.

Offline Dontasemebro

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Illuminati War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 01:44:34 am »
lol...just some sort of hand is not hand but projectile weapon thing k?
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 01:49:27 am »
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is based in reality...just with radiation having mutated things.

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."

wethepeople

Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 01:50:33 am »
You haven't played the game, right Flask? Yeah, its based on reality with radiation/an alternate spin on The Zone thats in real life. However, a mutated arm will pass.

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 02:55:48 am »
Arm cannons.

Meh.

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been Head of Economics RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: goddammit
  • Ruler: certainly not
Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 02:56:49 am »
Name: Elle
Personality: For the situation, she is very good at keeping her cool and can calm even the harshest of disagreements between her fellows. However, when she loses her cool, she can have brutal outbursts.
Strengths/Skills: Intelligent, very good at tactical strategies and experienced at making crude electronic devices. Very good with blades.
Weaknessess: Not very skilled with firearms and physically weak.
Outfit/Looks: Female, obviously. She stands about 5'3" tall and has medium-length brown hair, normally held in a ponytail. She typically wears an unzipped black hoodie overtop a red t-shirt with the hammer and sickle in black on it. She wears dark green cargo pants and has a pistol and combat knife in her belt and carries a katana wherever she goes.

Here I come to buck the trend.
fuck off

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 4.97" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 08:52:31 am »
Although I have no idea what this game is, I will take a shot at it. Well, I did look at the Wikipedia article for like... a few seconds.

Name: Sirch Nosretep
Skills: Extremely intelligent kid. Can detect when someone is lying pretty easily. Great at poker.

Personality: Doesn't trust anyone and consequently has very few friends. Laughs at nothing and uses sarcasm frequently to make fun of people. Knows just how to push someone's buttons until they are ready to explode.

Strengths/Skills: Tactical and great plan maker. Knows the human body well and can find weak points in it easily. Therefore he mostly fist fights but he is skilled with any type of medieval weapon as well as handguns. Pretty strong for a nerdy type of person.

Weaknessess: Doesn't like team work and prefers to work alone.

Outfit/Looks: Short blonde hair covered by a top hat in which he keeps notes. Wears a nice shirt with a blue tie over a plain white tee and has baggy, blue jeans. Black boots and a heavy trench coat. Overall his appearance is quite comical except his deadly blue eyes and totally serious face.
Ruling over pie since that one time a couple years ago.

Quote from: Wikipedia Article for Portal
Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline Lord Doom

• Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Foshizzle
  • Ruler: Lord_Doom
Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 10:31:06 am »
Name: Sgt. Smezlemons
Skills: extreme skill with all rifles and silenced weaponry
Personality: a "sneak around the people and shoot them in the head" type of guy that will try to remain hidden and stay stealthy at all times when enemies are around, loevs mudkips
Strengths/Skills: is really good with all rifles and silenced weapons, always carries around a few extra silencers, served in the special forces of the military to kill everyone in the zone but then switched sides and is fighting against the military, is a good tactician and sees a strategic way to win everything
Weaknessess: loevs mudkips, can over-analyze things and make a plan that involves flanking and grid coverage just to kill a squirrel
Outfit/Looks: a custom made ghillie suit with fire retardant that blends in perfectly with the winter foliage, with an artic camo outfit under it, with some kevlar body armor between the ghillie suit and the camo outfit
Chillaxin
Quote from: Moth
Derpa derpa de durr!
<Damen> Moth doesn't mate. thus has no use for a Moth mating cry

Offline Dontasemebro

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 10:32:36 am »
Quote from: wethepeople
Zero posts. <_< THAT was unexpected.
after a gazillion replies, that'll teach you to be patient biotch!
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline King Pengu

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 10:51:54 am »
Yepp. For he didn't post.
<--Click to meet

This Signature has been made by Mudkip. All rights on this Sig are reserved to Mudkip.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 08:48:28 pm »
Name: Aleksandr 'King' Alekseyev
Personality: when aleksandr was still green his group had a bad run in with a controller and never returned. folks thought him dead but found him years later talking gibberish and imitating zombies in the red forest. once shot at (by mistake, the stalker said he didnt recognize him), he displayed a remarkable mastery of foul language. no one could figure out how he retained even -some- of his mental faculties after years of exposure to psi. some say he's crazy, others say he's no longer human (pointing to stories of him running and barking with blind dogs and getting into wrestling-matches with snorks). but the self-proclaimed 'king of the zone,' from which his nickname comes, garners a certain amount of respect for his wiliness and independence.
Strengths/Skills: likes to hunt bloodsuckers in his undies. stealthy, courageous, and brilliant when interested, dangerous when bored. very coordinated and unconventional, can blend in with zombies (nnggawr!)
Weaknessess: doesn't always know when to stop blending in with zombies or acting like other mutants, unpredictable, antisocial, short attention span, mistrustful of people, especially faction groups. speaks in riddles and makes bad jokes, given to bouts of unsettling laughter and mutant imitations. in the heat of battle, may be distracted by deciding which weapon to use. wastes a lot of time scavaging from dead bodies, because he is a compulsive packrat with numerous hidden caches.
Outfit/Looks: short and energetic with long beard and hair, walks around with a staff (with grenades tied to it) and makes his own cloaks, shoes, and underpants from pseudodog hide. favors dual wield over two handed weapons. usually uses viper 5s, sawed off shotguns, pistols, grenades, knives, and the occasional sniper rifle. travels light. has a strange resistance or 'luck' with the zone environment, in spite of rarely wearing armor, suits, and never a mask.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 08:51:45 pm by llamavore »

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 08:53:53 pm »
for realism, instead of an arm cannon, you could try a prosthetic arm, with a knife rigged to it. and of course if the person's muscles could make it release the knife, then he could use it like a throwing knife.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

wethepeople

Welcome to The Zone.
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2008, 12:14:31 am »
I'd like more characters! The currento nes are being created right now, I'm adding a backstory and figuring out what their rolls will be now.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 43 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317