Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: we shoudl make a ccg  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
we shoudl make a ccg
« on: April 09, 2008, 01:23:31 am »
with chuck norris and jackie chan and cactuar and ... flaskbear.. and.. cards based on our nations...

like an internet lulz ccg

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 07:32:03 am »
yes a... ccg?

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 04:36:01 pm »
...Csomething Card Game, I think.

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Mathlete

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 06:19:58 pm »
Chinese Child Garden?

The very same idea that labeled me a war criminal.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 09:52:58 pm »
like magic the gathering... card collecting.. game.. .

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 01:08:18 am »
Yu-Gi-Oh!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 01:08:31 am by Arsenal 10 »
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 01:36:49 am »
/facepalm

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline IronSoldier820

• TTK Ambassador
  • Cactuar
  • It's My Dick in a Box
    • View Profile
    • The Templar Knights
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 08:48:38 am »
Quote from: llamavore
/facepalm
You posted a thread suggesting a card collecting game. Somebody shouting "Yu-Gi-Oh!" was inevitable.

Also, I have an image of Chuck Norris as both a Pokemon Card and MotG Card on my computer at home, will have to link them here later.

Quote from: Loren
I could care less if they murdered a town of babies, but if they killed the dog.. <__<

Offline Moth

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Baldr War 7 Years of Random Insanity Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Hero of the RIA RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has been a diplomat Five years of Random Insanity Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Foreign Affairs RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been a Triumvir Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 17.1" long.
  • has 154 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Xythra
  • Ruler: Great Lord, Moth
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 07:35:05 pm »
By the way. I hope no one minds that I've sorta created the game single-handedly. ;>.>

If it's gonna be Randomness instead of Insanity, you can make it more powerful. o.o It's a bit underpowered relative to the other cards.

Quote from: The Paragon
All I know is you have the ability to make people look retarded.
Girl montage!

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 06:25:25 am »
This is quite a bit different but it allows for incorporating the same kinds of ideas.

basic play:

the Player has a team of users (user cards). the users provide the ability to put other cards into play. the other cards compete with the opponent's cards to generate win or fail. win hurts your opponent's users (win for you is usually fail for them), and win is also necessary to keep your users in play. whoever runs out of users first, loses.

a player starts with a deck of users, a deck of screennames, and a deck of realm cards (or more decks if there is more than one realm).

what is a realm? RIA forums is a realm. CN would be another realm. realms are areas of interaction on this har grate intarwebz, basically any game or site or other internet community that has developed enough culture to be made fun of via ccg parody. card design and behavior vary between the realms somewhat to reflect their unique dynamics. right now i have only worked out the realm card types for the RIA (or any) forum. so there will only be one realm deck per player.

what about users and screennames? well a user represents a real personality. the Player can have multiple users on their team but cannot have less than one, or they just lost the game. screennames are what give users access to different realms. as the Player uses the user (XD) wisely, that user's screenname becomes more powerful, allowing that user to play more realm cards and possibly to have more direct control over the realm via abilities gained by the screenname (such as mod status!). it's all quite vicaRIAous... the Player uses the users, which use their screennames to play realm cards.

all these card types are handled differently, in order to make sense.

the user deck is shuffled and not examined. user cards are drawn directly to play; 3 per Player to start the game off, and then more can be drawn additionally if the Player has the resources.

because user cards represent distinct personalities, the first player to draw a given user is the only one who can put it in play (unless it has a twin or a trin etc. but i dont know any twins on the forums. however it is possible for usercards to 'change hands' during the game). if you draw a user card that is already in play, put it on the bottom of your user deck and draw again. if a given user is out of play, it can always return to play by being redrawn; unless specifically forced into a discard pile (the user card in play or all cards of that given user) in which case only special abilities can return it to play. having more of a given user card in your user deck will raise your chances of redrawing that user card.

the screenname card is used to provide a user with access to a realm. it does not need shuffling and it may be examined by its Player. each user may put into play one sn card per turn, provided the Player has the resources. each successive screenname on a given user becomes more expensive. screennames are drawn by examining the screenname deck and selecting the relevant card. this is because each screenname is 'registered' to a certain user and can only be used by that user. there are multiple screennames available to a user, but (generally) only one user available to a given screenname. this rule is mainly necessary for user cards that represent people we know who have sn's we know. perhaps at some point there may be fictional users with random sn's, and overlapping sn's could draw a penalty (or in rare cases an advantage).

as a screenname succeeds in a realm it may become more powerful, at which point it is traded via the screenname deck, with a more powerful version of the same sn card. there is no discard pile for screenname cards, as they can be replayed as long as there is an allowable user for them and the necessary resources. they are simply placed back in the screenname deck when taken out of play.

the realm card deck is handled differently depending on the realm, but in the forum realm it behaves as follows; the player draws a hand of 8 cards from this deck, which is shuffled and not examined. the player may discard 1 card at the beginning of their turn and place this card on the bottom of the deck, or in a realm discard pile. they may then redraw from that deck.

realm cards are typically put into play in threads. when this occurs, a screenname is used to play a 'post' card and it must also have a 'topic' ability or a 'topic' type attachment card played with it. this act makes that screenname the Original Poster of that thread. A Duplicate screenname card with exactly the same characteristics is placed next to the thread, now a thread deck, giving the Players a reference as to the OP'er. when the opponent's turn comes, they may choose to post in that thread. this is accomplished by placing their post -next- to the thread deck. this becomes -their side- of the thread deck. in this way, which Player posted what is remembered. if the first Player decides to post back in that thread, they replace the original post with the next post, placing it next to the second Player's response. the first Player moves the original post next to their newest post in that thread. each turn in which either player adds a new post, they will move their previous turns' posts to the outside of that thread deck. these outside stacks are the history of that thread deck, and each player can review them at will. they are used to keep track of the total win/fail of that thread. (there are typically 4 stacks in a given thread. one side is one player's, the other side the other player's. the middle two stacks are the most recent posts, the outer two are the history.)

i can't think of a reason to limit the total amount of threads that users can post and participate in, however there will be limitations based on the costs to make posts and the resources available.

now a quick rundown of how the resources work;

users cards have a couple stats.

they have a boredom rating, which is simultaneously how much energy (resource) they can provide per turn, and how much win or energy must be generated by the end of the turn to keep them from getting bored and disinterested and eventually burritos play.

phobia/philia: -very specific- likes or dislikes. toniceye likes spinach, algore dislikes manbearpig. if a user encounters a card that puts these specifics into play it may be hurt/helped accordingly.

energies: there are 14 different kinds of energies. energies are basically different flavors of interaction. each user has boosts (energies they like), saps(energies they dislike), and immunities (energies that they are like, meh, idc). the 14 are listed in the three categories according to each card.

realm preference: something to do with choosing between multiple realms, still working on it.

that's it for now.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Moth

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Baldr War 7 Years of Random Insanity Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Hero of the RIA RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has been a diplomat Five years of Random Insanity Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Foreign Affairs RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been a Triumvir Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • has 154 llamas
    • View Profile
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 08:04:21 am »
Ack. >_< That's completely incompatible with my idea. My intention was that member cards would be both the members mentioned AND their nations, and they'd just have different abilities based on what realm they were in. Also, I had intended for players to be able to use lulz and srz bznz cards in the same deck, so make for diverse strategies.

And you totally got rid of Funk.

Basically, you turned the game from Magic: The Gathering to Pokémon. >_>
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 08:05:47 am by Moth »

Girl montage!

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 09:06:23 am »
I think you're taking this a bit seriously

Offline Moth

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 154 llamas
    • View Profile
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 11:06:19 am »
I take everything seriously, you thilly gooth. >_>

Girl montage!

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 07:32:40 pm »
Quote from: Moth
Ack. >_< That's completely incompatible with my idea. My intention was that member cards would be both the members mentioned AND their nations, and they'd just have different abilities based on what realm they were in. Also, I had intended for players to be able to use lulz and srz bznz cards in the same deck, so make for diverse strategies.

And you totally got rid of Funk.

Basically, you turned the game from Magic: The Gathering to Pokémon. >_>

well if member cards were both members and their nations, what would happen when we introduced other realms, like other games or forums? you'd have to keep listing who that member was in each realm, on the member card. eventually you would run out of space.

players can use lulz and srz bsnz cards in the same deck. but they're broken down into different energies. some of these energies would probably be used more in other realms.

update: there are now 16 energies, two are special.

chillax: lulz, porn, art, fiction, music, awesome, phun, ignance

srs bzns: religion, politics, knowledge, economy, history, egotism

both: love

neither: anarchaic

lulz = things made for jokes or pranks

porn = things that exist for the sake of sexiness

art = anime, other artistic imagery

fiction = fan fiction, short stories, haiku, creative writing etc.

music = music, duh. or things about music, bands, albums, genres, concerts

awesome = anything having to do with a level of achievement or excellence

phun = drugs, materialism, parties and party life, wreckless or nihilistic dissipation as a pastime :]

ignance = ignorance is bliss. things pertaining to naivety, unawareness, and willful disbelief

--

religion = personal: philosophies, ethics, morals, beliefs, mythologies, institutional or individual religion.

politics = government, administration, social morals and beliefs, laws & rules, political: ideologies, philosophies, events, and figures

knowledge = things pertaining to technical expertise on a given subject

economy = things pertaining to finances, trade, monetary gain and markets, real or simulated

history = things pertaining to the past, to age, seniority, and to tradition

egotism = arrogance and things motivated by self-preference

anarchaic = anti-standards, rebellion, antagonism, profanity, and things done for shock value

love = things pertaining to equality, relations, unselfish egotism, unimposing ethics, protagonism

these energies can be combined in various cards. for instance, a card that represents a porn image, which links to a site with advertising, would be a combination of porn, economy, and maybe lulz or anarchaic due to the deception involved, if any.

some energies, like ignance and knowledge, are dimetrically opposed when played in cards against eachother, however it's still possible for a card to contain both.

a player could play a card with history, politics, and egotism, saying 'i've been here longer than you so i deserve moar priviledges, >=p' and this could be countered by a card that combines love and anarchy with 'nah uh, he's awesome, and seniority sucks' of course these are just loose examples.

also, i've never played pokemon. we can still put funk in play, perhaps in cards that show a RIctuAr dancing, granting energies of Awesome, Phun, and maybe Art and Music. it could be an attachment card that gets played on a post card... representing a rictuar dance .gif with music added.

randomness could be a group of cards that use the energies Awesome, knowledge and ignance, because the act of randomness knows enough to make a strong logical post but instead willfully pwns convention and does it with excellence, hence Awesomely. probably lulz too.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Moth

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 154 llamas
    • View Profile
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 08:53:29 pm »
well if member cards were both members and their nations, what would happen when we introduced other realms, like other games or forums? you'd have to keep listing who that member was in each realm, on the member card. eventually you would run out of space.

players can use lulz and srz bsnz cards in the same deck. but they're broken down into different energies. some of these energies would probably be used more in other realms.

update: there are now 16 energies, two are special.

chillax: lulz, porn, art, fiction, music, awesome, phun, ignance

srs bzns: religion, politics, knowledge, economy, history, egotism

both: love

neither: anarchaic

lulz = things made for jokes or pranks

porn = things that exist for the sake of sexiness

art = anime, other artistic imagery

fiction = fan fiction, short stories, haiku, creative writing etc.

music = music, duh. or things about music, bands, albums, genres, concerts

awesome = anything having to do with a level of achievement or excellence

phun = drugs, materialism, parties and party life, wreckless or nihilistic dissipation as a pastime :]

ignance = ignorance is bliss. things pertaining to naivety, unawareness, and willful disbelief

--

religion = personal: philosophies, ethics, morals, beliefs, mythologies, institutional or individual religion.

politics = government, administration, social morals and beliefs, laws & rules, political: ideologies, philosophies, events, and figures

knowledge = things pertaining to technical expertise on a given subject

economy = things pertaining to finances, trade, monetary gain and markets, real or simulated

history = things pertaining to the past, to age, seniority, and to tradition

egotism = arrogance and things motivated by self-preference

anarchaic = anti-standards, rebellion, antagonism, profanity, and things done for shock value

love = things pertaining to equality, relations, unselfish egotism, unimposing ethics, protagonism

these energies can be combined in various cards. for instance, a card that represents a porn image, which links to a site with advertising, would be a combination of porn, economy, and maybe lulz or anarchaic due to the deception involved, if any.

some energies, like ignance and knowledge, are dimetrically opposed when played in cards against eachother, however it's still possible for a card to contain both.

a player could play a card with history, politics, and egotism, saying 'i've been here longer than you so i deserve moar priviledges, >=p' and this could be countered by a card that combines love and anarchy with 'nah uh, he's awesome, and seniority sucks' of course these are just loose examples.

also, i've never played pokemon. we can still put funk in play, perhaps in cards that show a RIctuAr dancing, granting energies of Awesome, Phun, and maybe Art and Music. it could be an attachment card that gets played on a post card... representing a rictuar dance .gif with music added.

randomness could be a group of cards that use the energies Awesome, knowledge and ignance, because the act of randomness knows enough to make a strong logical post but instead willfully pwns convention and does it with excellence, hence Awesomely. probably lulz too.

Why should we introduce other realms? The theme is the RIA. The interaction between the RIA forums and CN forums are complex enough as they are, and they make sense thematically. o_o

This different energies thing is WAY overreaching our grasp, if your intent is to implement strengths and weaknesses. It's far too complex, and balancing it would be an utter nightmare for any team. In Magic the Gathering, there are no elemental strengths or weaknesses. Those are represented by a single set of equations. When you include strengths and weaknesses, with a system as complex as it already is, you get into something that is better handled by a computer program than by a card game. If you intend to use these energies in a strictly thematic manner, or as common abilities that cards possess(like Trample, Flying, and the like in M:TG), it's possible. I would agree that Chillax is better than lulz thematically, but then h4x, Moderators, and admin won't be practical as a major part of the game, because Chillaxin' folk still tend to follow the rules of the CN forums. For that to make sense, things would have to change with the Moderators, admin, and h4x thing.

I get the sense that you have ideas of how things should go, but they're not fleshed out. You have all these names for aspects of the game, but what do they all do?

When you make a game, your first priority, after what kind of game you want it to be, is what the gameplay is supposed to be like.

Girl montage!

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 09:36:07 pm »
valid criticism, the energies will have to work simply or they will bog down the game.

the user/screenname dynamic will also be useful in other ways. i'll keep working on it.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 04:32:56 pm »
I like moth's original suggestion better.

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Moth

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 154 llamas
    • View Profile
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 10:37:07 pm »
Well, I do, too, but to be fair, llamavore created the topic and had the idea. ;>.>

Girl montage!

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 01:52:44 am »
sigh. i guess there's only one way to settle it, moth.

M

O

R

T

A

L

K

O

M

B

A

T

!

!

!

!

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
we shoudl make a ccg
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 04:30:02 am »
really though, mine sounds boring because the fun is in the actual cards, and the gameplay, and the versatility. the rules so far are just meant to support all manners of awesome cards and combinations. if you like moth's, play moths. i'm going to keep working on my concept though.

here's how the energies and the boredom ratings work;

every user card has a boredom rating. this represents the highest amount of energy they can provide and deflect.

they then have their energies, which fall into 3 categories: boosts, saps, and immunes.

a user's boost energies are energies that he provides at full strength, and fight against at full strength. sap energies are provided at half strength. immunes are energies they can neither provide, nor take damage from.

so say i have a user card like so:

'llamavore'
user
fun picture or text
boredom rating 8
energies
love, lulz... (and 3 others)
art, history... (and 3 others)
(special abilities if any)

the energies could be colored instead of bolded, but anyways, this says this user provides the energy to play love cards and lulz cards that have a cost up to 8, and art and history cards up to a cost of 4. the 3 more boosts and 3 more saps i dont need for this example, and 5 boosts and 5 saps leaves 6 immunes; you know which they are because they are the energies that aren't on the card. to play cards that need energy that this user is immune to, you either play them with another user card, or you use some special ability or attachment card to provide that user with moar energy. an artsy sig or an inside joke avatar (inside jokes are history as well as lulz) might boost this user's art and history energies, but sig & avatar attachments would be played on the user's sn card.

about sn cards; they are basically both the arms and the hitpoints for the users. their attainment levels go up according to how much win (success in combos and user vs user combat) they achieve. so if you get in a flame fest where you're playing insult and argument cards against another user, and you win, your screenname will get stronger. violence is not the only way, though. attainment starts at noob and goes on to regular, pro, epic... there is one negative attainment, llama, which is a demotion from noob, and if you take another demotion after that, the sn is discarded or 'banned' for a few turns, unless the user using it has lurker or troll special abilities.

violence occurs when a player plays inflammatory or hostile realm cards that directly or indirectly target the other player's users. if the violence is successful, the violent player has achieved 'win' and the other player 'fail' and if the win/fail is strong enough, the loser must demote their targeted user's sns. if the sns get demoted to far, they are discarded, and if all the users' sns are discarded, the user is discarded (unless another sn is played for that user) and if all the users on a player's team are discarded, that player loses. and if all the players on god's team lose, moth is satan.

there are also access levels on sn cards, which signify hax, visitor, member, mod, admin, and owner access levels. these access levels grant certain special abilities... editing posts, removing posts, editing other's sns (like their acess levels, their sig and avatar attachments etc), setting filters and locking topics. still working on how to put that part into practice, ideas welcome. hax might have a certain 'lulz' or 'anarchaic' or 'knowledge' energy cost, might allow you to take control of someone's sn. and there will be other kinds of hax cards as well.

now,
example of sn card:

'llamavore teh regular'
sn card
"I eat llamas!"
user: llamavore
attainment: regular
access: member

the user is the user card that can play it.
it has regular attainment, so it can have 2 attachments.
it has member access, so it can delete or edit its own posts and access member ... things.

attachment card:

'floating fat cat'
(illustration of fat cat in dis
-membered arms here)
attachment card
energy: 2 art/anarchaic, sealed
morbid: when untapped,
card adds 1 energy to art or
anarchaic posts
daze: when tapped, 2 energy
is negated from any user
attempting a response.

the energy: 2 art/anarchaic, sealed, means that the cost to play is 2 of either art or anarchaic, thus to attach this card to the sn, the player must have a user with at least 2 boredom rating and art or anarchaic energy (4 boredom rating if it's sapped energies). the 'sealed' means that the 'cost' does not become a 'resource.' if it were 'flowing' instead of 'sealed' this card would grant that sn and its user the ability to play cards up to the same cost and type. instead the card only heightens the power of anarchaic and art posts, if this user is already able to make those kinds of posts. the daze ability means that, when tapped, all other users must have an extra 2 boredom/energy over the cost of their response in order to post a response immediately after. so the next post has to be made with extra energy.

also let me explain a little bit about energy. it is not complicated. the llamavore user card has, in effect, 8 lulz, 8 love, 4 art, 4 history, and other unlisted. but all his other saps are 4, (half of boredom rating) and all his other boosts are 8 (whole of boredom rating), and all immunes are 0. so the llamavore user card grants to the player among other things, the ability to play as many lulz and love cards as they have as long as the cards aren't over 8 in energy cost. however only that user card can make those posts. if you have another user with 6 boredom and a lulz energy, and you want that user to post a lulz, then the lulz must be 6 or less in cost. there may be a teamwork card or something that allows all users to post according to the maximum energy ratings (over 9000!) on the team.

tldr? the boredom rating is LIKE simultaneously an armor rating and a firepower rating. the energy types are LIKE ammunition types. the screennames are LIKE hit points that you grow. win is LIKE a hit scored, and fail is LIKE a hit taken. also you must score some win to grow your hit points, and to keep your armor and firepower up, you must either score some hits (win) or you must expend a lot more ammunition.

haven't worked out how boredom ratings go exactly, but it works something like this. for each user except when their energies overlap (and they will which will make this lots easier) you have to either score win in one of their boost energies, or put into play that turn an amount of energy equal to their boredom (less if that's too hard) in an energy that is their boost, or some combination of the win and spending. i may simplify it more.

btw moth you don't have to worry about the energies making it too complex. due to there being 16 energies and around 5 primary, 5 secondary on each card, there will be massive overlap. if necessary we can make it 7 primary, 7 secondary... we can increase the overlap to make the cards more multipurposed. i want it to have some strength/weakness application, but it's more for theme and flavoring the characters, so it shouldn't be hard to balance.... especially since you can use the users in game to add to their own and to eachother's strengths. there will also be attachment cards for the posts (in the same deck as the posts cards, special ability cards, hax cards, and sn attachment cards). examples of kinds of post attachments: topic, image, emoticon, video, code, font, meme, cliche, tonic culture reference, link, gif, music, etc.

i'll likely be making those rules pretty simple too, but that will be the main action,  playing realm cards to keep your users in play, to grow them, and to keep the opponents' team in check.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 04:30:41 am by llamavore »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 48 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317