Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: lol I say smart things sometimes  (Read 864 times)

Offline Dontasemebro

• What does the custom title look like
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 12.48" long.
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: RIAland
  • Ruler: Dontasemebro
My cat watches me have sex, he's not the only one.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nothingface/
lol I say smart things sometimes
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 07:07:56 am »
FAN and GOONS are only perma-ZI as long as they stay in FAN or GOONS, really, or have done something really bad - Diskord fought in the first FAN War for FAN and he's safely with us today, while we have quite a few ex-GOONS among us, including a couple who didn't come to us 'til fucking DECEMBER, after 3 months of fighting. Outside of them, few alliances outside of LUE had many of their players driven out by perma-ZI to my knowledge, and even LUE didn't have a blanket perma-ZI (though I've heard quite a few stories of people being perma-ZIed for totally BS reasons there).
Now in NpO. Take that as you will.

Offline Lanna

• Ministress of Secks
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Military Operations
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://realbigcheese.livejournal.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 11:35:30 am »
Long post is long.

tl;dr??
Lebanese Proverb: Lower your voice and strengthen your argument.

Offline DrunkWino

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 02:55:50 pm »
Since you brought stats to bear in that, and it's currently being disputed, here's a few stats and forecasts for you: CN has 86% drop out rate. If you halve the number of nations that have dropped out to counter folks that re-roll, it drops it down to a 43% drop out rate. In raw numbers, that's an allowance of 94,055 re-rolls for 30,970 players, which basically puts the number at every nation in the game has had three separate nations. The whole point is that there really isn't that big a number of incoming nations, when the drop out rate is factored in, so imposing the perma-ZI, without a reaaaaaly good reason, further erodes the player pool to the point that CN starts losing active players, only to be replaced by someone that probably has a greater that 50% chance of looking around and leaving.

So there's some stats for you to keep going.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 02:59:09 pm by DrunkWino »
Vote Cthulhu 2016

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs One year of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: goddammit
  • Ruler: certainly not
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 04:40:06 pm »
I doubt that many people have re-rolled, honestly.
fuck off

Offline IronSoldier820

• TTK Ambassador
  • Cactuar
  • It's My Dick in a Box
    • View Profile
    • The Templar Knights
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 06:12:16 pm »
Many people have been driven away from Cyber Nations due to Perma-ZI Joker. Just go to LW forums, you'll see a whole club of them. Although a lot can be blamed on permanent ZI, its actually just the way the game works.

Example. Any player who starts playing in 2008 has an incredibly narrow chance to pass up a player who started in 2006. Looking through stats, only 4 of the top 50 nations were founded in 2007. The rest were made in 2006. So, looking at this, its safe to say most at top are there due to seniority and accumulating strength over time. Even I felt this when starting in late 2006, that I would never reach the rank of those who started when the game did. As time goes on, this possibility of moving up to the top ranks becomes just that much more narrow.

And its one of the most noticeable things about the game.

Its why so many people join, and then leave. They notice how slow it is, and then take a look at the top nations, and realize they're ages away from reaching that point. And when they do, those nations will probably be even more ahead of them. Then others just quit because it seems boring. Then others quit because they don't feel like joining an alliance, so they'd rather just die.

Combine the game mechanics with the Elitist style of playing, and you realize CN has such a small potential for growth its ridiculous. So, having looked at this, its easy to say that most of the long-lasting members are going to be ones from 2006 to early 2007. And these people are dying off, and not being replaced. The way the game is set up is just destined to an end when a certain group has held on for so long that they can no longer be knocked off, and there is no chance for a comeback.

I'm highly expecting CN to either end or restart sometime later in 2008. Then again, I'm sure some other people thought the same in 2007, so who knows.

Quote from: Loren
I could care less if they murdered a town of babies, but if they killed the dog.. <__<

Offline DrunkWino

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 07:16:27 pm »
There's not enough stagmentation for a restart, yet, but I think it's almost inevitable, especially unless some major war comes along and makes things interesting for a bit. Even that is only a temp band-aid.
Vote Cthulhu 2016

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 35 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317