Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: which super smash bros is the best?  (Read 2610 times)

Offline Grand Poobah Marx

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 5.89" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: North Place
  • Ruler: Grand Poobah Marx
which super smash bros is the best?
« on: April 22, 2008, 09:26:17 pm »
I say the first all the way.  The second and third simply fucked the physics and ruined the fun feel.  They overcomplicated it.  I've played all three back to back to back and there is no doubt in my mind that the first is the best.
Master Raider

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]cave laborem[/span]

Quote from: llamavore
I say listen to the gay jew.

Offline IronSoldier820

• TTK Ambassador
  • Cactuar
  • It's My Dick in a Box
    • View Profile
    • The Templar Knights
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 09:27:58 pm »
I voted for the first because it is the only one I have.

Quote from: Loren
I could care less if they murdered a town of babies, but if they killed the dog.. <__<

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the War of the Coalition Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 09:59:16 pm »
I voted first. It's the only one I've played..
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized Mars! Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 10:11:07 pm »
I'll come back in 2 frickin months when I've had a chance to play brawl

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 08:15:06 am »
The first. Although I do have the first and Melee, the first reigns supreme.

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 4.97" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 03:48:30 pm »
The first was awesome but then you get to Melee and you go back to the first and you're like, "It's too slow. I have no up/down throws. I have no Front B."
And Melee is in no comparison to Brawl unless you've never played Brawl.
Ruling over pie since that one time a couple years ago.

Quote from: Wikipedia Article for Portal
Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 06:02:39 pm »
I cannot believe you people
Brawl is the greatest game to hit the shelves in any store worldwide
so what i say to you all is

PTHBTHPPPTHBBBTHHHTBTHHPTHH!!

EDIT: I make a alot of typos >_>
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 09:00:56 pm by KingRanter »

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 06:52:47 pm »
Quote from: KingRanter
I cannot believe you people
Brawl is the greatest game to his the shelves in any store worldwide
so what i say to you all is

PTHBTHPPPTHBBBTHHHTBTHHPTHH!!
this coming from the guy with Sonic as his avatar and Mario in his sig but yeah
I agree

Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 08:58:53 pm »
only because sonic is cool and im good with him and i dont rly have a primary character cause im good with more than most of the brawl characters and the mario siggy pic i stole was the first siggy pic i found to steal and i didnt feel like looking anymore

but ive played all of them, and i like brawl best

EDIT: My avatar is Ike now that ive decided that this pic is absolutely epic
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 09:20:55 pm by KingRanter »

Offline Dontasemebro

• What does the custom title look like
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 12.48" long.
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: RIAland
  • Ruler: Dontasemebro
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 09:05:34 pm »
I recently played brawl. The items get VERY annoying. But the characters are awesome. I think SSBM was pretty balanced, but the first one will most likely stay my favorite. Brawl is still the best though for sheer # of characters and no one character being way better than everyone else.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 09:05:54 pm by Dontasemebro »
My cat watches me have sex, he's not the only one.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline iron snake

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 02:01:05 pm »
I like the second one best but I've never played Brawl because it's been delayed AGAIN anyone know what's going on there?

Offline MarioParty

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 03:56:59 pm »
The only excuse for voting the first one is that you've never played the others. It's inferior in like every way!

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 05:26:17 pm »
Voted first 'cause I threw my Mario game at my friend once... I was sad because I could never find it again, and in memory, I had to vote for it.

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 6.25" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Realm of Mpire
  • Ruler: invincible13matt
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 06:40:01 pm »
Brawl, simply because the original was sluggish (at least, after playing Melee it is) and Melee was way too fast. Brawl simply has more content and a more comfortable playing speed. Plus, it has Ike and Smash Balls, even if Ike did get nerfed from his canon power level.

Furthermore, Donta, the items ('cept Smash Balls) should be turned off if you want a serious match, as I always have it (so easy to be cheaped with an item)
More resilient than Wile E. Coyote.

Third, Fourth Great War Veteran, War of the Coalition Veteran
Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2008, 02:25:58 am »
No challenge.

PIT=WIN
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Quote from: Dontasemebro
I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008, 08:21:06 pm »
Quote from: MarioParty
The only excuse for voting the first one is that you've never played the others. It's inferior in like every way!
another reason people choose this is because its a classic. *rolls eyes*
..... but i mean rly, thats like choosing a revolver over some sort of hyper-death-cannon just cause the pistol is classic. i mean rly.

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008, 08:21:57 pm »
Voted first 'cause I threw my Mario game at my friend once... I was sad because I could never find it again, and in memory, I had to vote for it.
Super smash bros isnt a mario game, its a nintendo game. -.-

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 03:18:29 pm »
Quote from: KingRanter
Super smash bros isnt a mario game, its a nintendo game. -.-
although it does fall under the Mario franchise

Offline Prozach

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 04:47:58 pm »
i just lost the game

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 05:12:25 pm »
Because Brawl is essentially Melee with moar levels, moar items, moar characters, and a stage editor (not an overly impressive stage editor, but still, IT'S A FREAKING STAGE EDITOR O:), I see no reason to vote for Melee unless you were a huge fan of Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, or Roy. So we're down to SSB and SSBB.

SSB was great, but the only thing it had over Melee was the Bumpers (seriously, did HAL actually think they could replace such an epic item with something as lame as the flipper?), a "board the platforms" bonus stage (cool, but not important), the level with the warp pipes (neat, but not much more important), giant-ass snorlaxen (did anyone else notice he seemed to have lost weight after the first game?), and nostalgia (I was going to say "oh, fuck, giant ass snorlax" here, but I decided to make that a seperate point altogether).

Brawl brought the Bumpers back, bringing SSB's selling points down to two unimportant points and one decent point, and Brawl has a shitload of other epicness, so Brawl wins my vote.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 05:16:45 pm by Untelligent »

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 49 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317