Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Me..  (Read 3413 times)

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Me..
« on: May 20, 2007, 05:55:49 pm »
You might wonder why I spit venom so efficiently.  It is because the righteousness of an open and structured mind is on my side.  You religious people are dominant because people are prone to cultural brainwashing.  Because all people fear the unknown and therefore death, it is human nature to want to believe in something bigger than this life, and religious leaders have no problem taking advantage of this psychological weakspot.

I see your religious talk and I see how you attempt to use mob mentality to override the arguments of your opponents.  They don't spit this venom because they are either ignorant of how things are (even though the things they may feel about how you are full of shit are perfectly valid), or are bound by your rules of 'respect.'

I think it is extremely disrespectful to state falsehoods or myths as truth.  Until you stop disrespecting me, I will spit venom against you and your kind.  In righteous fury you will find me, defending logic and the state of open-mindedness with the sword of empirical, repeatable evidence and the shield of peer review against your closed and pre-washed minds.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 06:05:14 pm by Perc »
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.  Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.  And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.  And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
-Ezekiel 25:17

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
Me..
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 07:34:18 pm »
mm venom. glad to see that you also see the elephant standing in the middle of every church, mosque, and temple.

but i already explained my position on arguing about religion in the other thread about jesus being a blasphemer. so go ahead and argue with all the religious folk. i will be happy with my own beliefs without trying to force them on others.

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Me..
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 07:57:21 pm »
I can at least respect your attitude of letting others believe what they want, but since I'm not like that, I hafta ask:

Don't you feel that saying without question that there is no god has a lot of similarities to saying without question that there is a god?  I mean how can you say that there isn't if they don't get the right to say that there is (based on real evidence, of which you have none either)?

---

I used to be an atheist (age 13ish to 20ish) out of a very reactionary and ignorant mindset based on my dissatisfaction with societies pressures to turn the world religious.  I have since been through a number of years of college education, sat down and thought, and come to the conclusion that the only way to be honest and enlightened is to simply state the facts: I don't know.

In any case, I think we can agree on organized religion.  Tool of the powerful?

I also think that doing good deeds for the sake of doing good deeds is righteous.  Doing good deeds for 'karma,' or '99 virgins,' or 'heaven,' or 'to not go to hell,'  or 'because others will think i'm better' is basically kissing ass, and says nothing about the persons actual moral code.  Religious people have lost personal honor, and instead given all of the glory of being a good person to god.  Religious people are lazy because they do good deeds to get something, like working for a wage versus volunteering.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 07:58:29 pm by Perc »
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.  Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.  And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.  And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
Me..
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 10:49:29 pm »
well, as long as its not in an argumentative tone... (and im just bored right now)

i definitely agree with you about organized religion. as for the existence of a deity, as far as im concerned, there is nobody directing what i do. if there were, why would i be saying this, right? now, there are religious teachings that i find no problem with - the ones that acknowledge that if there is a god, he doesnt really do much (basically deism). also, there is the matter of the "creation" of the universe. yes i suppose its possible that an eternal being created the universe... but where did it come from? how is it any less logical to claim that  the universe is eternal like stephen hawking says?

when it comes down to it, i agree that we really dont know for certain. theres no good evidence either way for the existence or non-existence of a god. there is, however, good evidence against the god that is presented by major religions. of all the major religions, the only one i see as plausible is buddhism because it doesnt have a god.

no, i dont know "for sure". then again, you dont actually know anything for sure. for all we know, our senses are all wrong. nothing has ever really convinced me of the existence of a god, and the chances seem pretty slim of the most complicated solution being the correct solution (occams razor), so i do not concern myself with these things unless im bored late at night on a message board.

and i guess, from that and my other posts, you can pick out my definition of "atheist", which i think differs slightly from yours in that im not firmly grounded in a closed-minded environment. but i wouldnt call myself agnostic because i feel that there is no god that matches any definition of a god that i have ever heard.

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Me..
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 11:27:40 pm »
Agnostic, as a word, is often misunderstood.

Gnostic means literally "knowledge."
Used with the prefix 'a-,' it means 'against' or more to the point 'without' knowledge.

The most common use for the word is to describe ones opinion on the possibility of the existance of a higher power.  However you could be said to be agnostic pertaining to sailboats (if you were not familiar with sailboats), for instance.

All an agnostic is is someone who does not deny the existance or non-existance of a god.  In fact, many people who think of themselves as faithful or atheist are in fact agnostic in practice.  Very few people actually have total faith or total lack of faith when pressured under the scrutiny of the educated mind.

Atheists firmly believe that there is not god, whether of a religious nature or not.  We are wormfood, and that is the meaning of life to the athiest.  Often these individuals are reactionary against the evil seed of religion, so try out the other extreme (speaking from personal experience).  The athiest believes firmly in the non-existance of a god, without question or room for refinement of his or her views.  These people (not you, you are definitely an agnostic if you do not deny the existance of god outright) are just as crazy as their opposition.

Hawking could be right, the universe could be eternal, but that in and of itself is not mutually exclusive to the presence of an eternal conciousness.

Also, as far as any of these doltish religions "having it right," again, we are in complete agreement.  I think it is totally disrespectful as someone who pretends to worship some god to put a face and a name on their god..  who the **** are you to say that you know the mind of your god?  *IF* there is a god, you can be sure he has better shit to do than worry about your sins (goddesses have big tits).  LoL
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 11:28:17 pm by Perc »

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 6.25" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Realm of Mpire
  • Ruler: invincible13matt
Me..
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 04:17:41 pm »
question 1: How much time have you spent researching all of this?

comment: I wouldn't be so quick to say that religion is evil, since not all religion has had negative consequences. I'll grant you that religious zealots have been responsible for some terrible things (example: suicide bombers, the Crusades, stuff like that) but in general religion has an overall positive effect on people.

Please don't turn this into another shouting match. I don't particularly enjoy it since I have a headache from landing on my head twice in the past three days.
More resilient than Wile E. Coyote.

Third, Fourth Great War Veteran, War of the Coalition Veteran
Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Me..
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 10:43:00 pm »
Quote from: invincible13matt
question 1: How much time have you spent researching all of this?

comment: I wouldn't be so quick to say that religion is evil, since not all religion has had negative consequences. I'll grant you that religious zealots have been responsible for some terrible things (example: suicide bombers, the Crusades, stuff like that) but in general religion has an overall positive effect on people.

Please don't turn this into another shouting match. I don't particularly enjoy it since I have a headache from landing on my head twice in the past three days.

I've spent a good portion of the last 15-20 years studying religions and science.  (I'm 28)

Religion is a tool of the powerful.  You are meant to think that it's not, ergo my quote about the devil's greatest trick.  I would disagree with you that the good outweighs the bad.  Quite to the contrary, a single human life taken in the name of god invalidates any 'good' that religion has accomplished; there has been not one death in the name of god, but millions, possibly close to a billion people over the course of history.  If you are thinking that this is a new opinion or one that I came upon in a flippant way, please disavow yourself of that manner of thinking, because I have spent long hours studying and thinking about the words that I say.

Mind that I'm not speaking of the concepts of good and morality that many religions hold in common, those systems of thought and action are good regardless of the existance of religion, and do not need religion as a crutch to hold them up; good will, kindness, charity, sacrifice (figurative, not literal), a spartan lifestyle, introspection, the desire for a connection to divinity (however you define it), etc. all stand tall on their own, without the doctrines and dogmas created by powerful, landfat, rich men who desire to squeeze the peasant toniculation of their lifeblood.

You should make a stronger differentiation between modern "religious extremists" and the people who designed and led the crusades.  One is an (often single) act of desperation or tactical strike (however wrong it may be), one is the design and execution of a systematic racial genocide.  The crusades might more properly be concluded to be like the holocaust, while the 'terrorist' attacks of islamic jihadists may be compared to guerilla warfare on a global scale.

I am not enough of an ethics nut to know for sure which is worse, but it seems to me that the premeditated slaughter of an entire race of people (unsuccesful or not) by the rich and powerful is more of an atrocity than desperate people lashing out at those whom they have been taught to blame for their situation.

Offline Taladrea

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/angellicdarkness
Me..
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 12:05:41 am »
*blinks and reads the  in a confused state*
~ Taladrea

your # Did not want to post it dut where r u @ ?

and can I have it?

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success." - Bruce Feirstein

"Stop making me repeat myself! Its bad for my health!" - Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing)

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Me..
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 12:18:09 am »
Quote from: Taladrea
*blinks and reads the  in a confused state*

Smoke the joint first, it helps.

Offline Taladrea

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
Me..
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 12:21:58 am »
Quote from: Perc
Smoke the joint first, it helps.

I'm allergic to that stuff...x.x; So that idea is out.
~ Taladrea

and can I have it?

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success." - Bruce Feirstein

"Stop making me repeat myself! Its bad for my health!" - Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing)

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Me..
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 12:35:49 am »
Maybe if you pray, god will heal your allergy..

..oh wait..

nm.

Offline Taladrea

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
Me..
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 12:37:37 am »
Maybe if you pray, god will heal your allergy..

..oh wait..

nm.

I'm Wiccan. So, either way...nah. I like having this allergy, really do.
~ Taladrea

and can I have it?

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Me..
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 12:45:39 am »

No shit?  You're pretty brave to admit that in this crowd lol, you must be hawt..  ..sendpixplsthxla~

---

I went through a wicca phase in my teen years.  Being generally curious and of Irish ethnic descent, I studied the druids of ancient Ireland which naturally led me to the study of wicca, which many people believe is the most similar to ancient druidry.  Are you deep into wicca or more of a personal believer who follows some of the general rituals..  ..more specifically, are you part of a wicca group?  I liked wicca because it seemed to not try and put a finger on the divine, but rather stresses your actions and thought patterns.  A lot of people think that the rituals are strange, but the way I see it, they act to focus your thoughts.  I see a lot of similarities in the outcome of wicca and zen buddhism, but of course the methods to achieve these outcomes are vastly different.  Personally, I like all of the accoutrements too (fire, water, daggers, wands, pentacles, colors, bowls, etc.), because they represent something specific yet abstract enough to apply to disparate situations or methods of thinking.

3x 2u
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:46:15 am by Perc »

Offline Taladrea

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
Me..
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 01:01:49 am »

No shit?  You're pretty brave to admit that in this crowd lol, you must be hawt..  ..sendpixplsthxla~

---

I went through a wicca phase in my teen years.  Being generally curious and of Irish ethnic descent, I studied the druids of ancient Ireland which naturally led me to the study of wicca, which many people believe is the most similar to ancient druidry.  Are you deep into wicca or more of a personal believer who follows some of the general rituals..  ..more specifically, are you part of a wicca group?  I liked wicca because it seemed to not try and put a finger on the divine, but rather stresses your actions and thought patterns.  A lot of people think that the rituals are strange, but the way I see it, they act to focus your thoughts.  I see a lot of similarities in the outcome of wicca and zen buddhism, but of course the methods to achieve these outcomes are vastly different.  Personally, I like all of the accoutrements too (fire, water, daggers, wands, pentacles, colors, bowls, etc.), because they represent something specific yet abstract enough to apply to disparate situations or methods of thinking.

3x 2u
See Pictures Of Me Here. And I have been told I am hot, by several of the guys here in the alliance and elsewhere. However, I think they need glasses or a CT scan to make sure they aren't suffering major brain damage; since I don't think I am hot at all.

On the issue of my religious preference: I am not "brave" for admitting my choice nor do I push it on others. The mind set I have is to let people choose their own path of belief system. Being open about this topic is part of helping society evolve past petty differences (one can only hope for this).

Originally, I was christened Roman Cath. For about 13 or so years I went to church with my mother as often as she went. As I grew up my views of the church and their belief system just didn't mesh with mine. So, I went looking around at Celtic (I am part Irish) and older beliefs. Found Wicca. Now, Wicca is a newer system...but based on the older statues set back in midevil times before Christianity took a larger hold on the toniculations of that time period.

No, I do not practice in a coven. I'm considered a solitary practitioner. Spells and such could be cast, however to do "spells" you do not always need the extra bells and whistles. A simple candle or paper can do. Meditation works as well. Mind you, I use the term Wicca for my belief system because it covers the smaller part of my system. I mix a lot of different "pagan" beliefs as well as others into what makes up my system.

I hope the above made sense.  
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:02:26 am by Taladrea »
~ Taladrea

and can I have it?

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Me..
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 01:10:11 am »
Total sense..
I'd do you
So uh ... yeah ... just which pagan rites are you into ... baby?

Offline Taladrea

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
Me..
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 01:13:31 am »
The whole 3 fold rule, and also that you have a spirit animal, guardian angel to guide and watch over you. Those are the best examples I can give.

As for my looks...you're off your rocker.

Dun call me baby!  I maybe only 5'3" but damnit...I am not baby size!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:14:26 am by Taladrea »
~ Taladrea

and can I have it?

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Me..
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 01:27:56 am »
On the issue of my religious preference: I am not "brave" for admitting my choice nor do I push it on others. The mind set I have is to let people choose their own path of belief system. Being open about this topic is part of helping society evolve past petty differences (one can only hope for this).

Originally, I was christened Roman Cath. For about 13 or so years I went to church with my mother as often as she went. As I grew up my views of the church and their belief system just didn't mesh with mine. So, I went looking around at Celtic (I am part Irish) and older beliefs. Found Wicca. Now, Wicca is a newer system...but based on the older statues set back in midevil times before Christianity took a larger hold on the toniculations of that time period.

No, I do not practice in a coven. I'm considered a solitary practitioner. Spells and such could be cast, however to do "spells" you do not always need the extra bells and whistles. A simple candle or paper can do. Meditation works as well. Mind you, I use the term Wicca for my belief system because it covers the smaller part of my system. I mix a lot of different "pagan" beliefs as well as others into what makes up my system.

I hope the above made sense.  

Well I guess I'm just scared of large groups of christians preaching..  It makes me reactionary ;P

FYI wicca is 2 seperate belief systems, modern and ancient.  It is generally thought to be based on the celtic (not just scot/ire, most of mid-northern and south-western europe held celts) traditions from not midieval times, but nearly the stone age.  Druidry was one form of these celtic traditions, and many of the refinements you see in modern wicca stem from druidry.  Modern wicca is a streamlined set of principles by which authors who study the ancient ways can translate these ways so they can be understood and practiced by modern people.  Important differences include availablity of reagents for spells vs being forced to grow or make your own, and the ability to copy spells from others easily via the internet or published books vs having to belong to a coven or become an apprentice to learn the rituals.

Also, I wonder exactly what you think of your intentions and the actual properties of the results of the spells that you cast..  How do you think of these things?

I think ancient people embraced the communal ritualism, the power to focus everyone's thoughts together to help achieve goals..

I think magick is little understood, another word for it is biofeedback.  This phenomenon, which some very intelligent people have been promoting, is the idea that positive thinking (whether through counseling, prayer, meditation, spells, or whatever) and relaxation is the best cure for cancer - recently some have been applying it to all illness.  It turns out that there is some evidence that you can measure the difference in outcomes of similar cases based on the mindset of the patient.  If this ability can be studied further and refined scientifically, I think that meditation and ritual will develop a whole new respect for having done it first..  ..just ask the 110+ year old monks, right?

*edited the 1st paragraph for clarity*
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:32:09 am by Perc »

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Me..
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 01:28:04 am »
stupid double post
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:28:23 am by Perc »

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Me..
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 01:29:07 am »
The whole 3 fold rule, and also that you have a spirit animal, guardian angel to guide and watch over you. Those are the best examples I can give.

As for my looks...you're off your rocker.

Dun call me baby!  I maybe only 5'3" but damnit...I am not baby size!

So none of the crazy pagan sex rites?

Blood sugar baby?  sex magick?

fertility rites roolzor XD
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:29:31 am by Perc »

Offline Taladrea

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
Me..
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 01:51:11 am »
In short, love magicks are a fool hearty attempt at getting something you should work on yourself. Plus, they backfire just like any negative energy spell you would cast (if you are that malicious). Sex magick is based on giving pleasure to your partner through aura or energy feedback and sharing, and blood rites are out and too dangerous in this day and age.

Your  I didn't read cause its too long and you double posted. >.<
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:51:37 am by Taladrea »
~ Taladrea

and can I have it?

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 48 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317