• Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet Has donated money for the RIA
  • has 22 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tiava.com
  • Nation: Mango Nation
  • Ruler: A Vote for Mango is Like a Mouth Full of Awesome
Mafia
« on: July 11, 2008, 06:32:41 pm »
Mafia (also known as Werewolf or Assassin) is a party game modeling a battle between an informed minority and an uninformed majority. Players are secretly assigned roles: either "mafia", who know each other; or "townspeople", who know only the number of mafia amongst them. During the night phase of the game, the Mafia choose an innocent to kill. During the day phase, all players debate the identities of the Mafia and vote to kill someone whom the majority suspect. Players are eliminated until only innocents or mafia remain; the surviving side wins. Mafia is rarely played in groups of fewer than five, and must always start with more innocents than mafia.

Mafia Wiki

This is a fun as hell game we play in IRON. I've always seen it around our forums but never paid any attention until a month or two ago and now I'm completely addicted.  I would like to start playing even more so if there is enough interest I could run my 1st game here w/ you guys/girls.

To play a good game you need 12 or so people, who's interested?

The RIA Express was a luxurious train transporting ambassadors of RIA nations. Aside from a little stomach virus caused by the unsanitary food, the day went very well. The drunk, happy passangers all went to sleep in their cars that night. As the RIA Express rolled through the cold night of the harsh Mango Nation desert, the midnight silence was interrupted by sounds of gunfire. The conductor hurried to the car of Electric Mango, the representative from Mango Nation, and found Mango brutally murdered.

Mango, moderator, has been killed.

The passangers gathered in the grand car and set up a noose, hoping to find and lynch the mafia that infiltrated the train.

Will start after sign up and we will play from this thread.

Players Still In (in order of sign up) :

1. Iron Snake (love that IRON part :3 )
2. Dark Tyrand
3. King Ranter

Players Taken Out:

13. Electric Mango (Mod Day 1)

=====

RULES

1) Nights will last around 24 - 48 hours. This is set in stone, it will not be changed.

2) Days will last however long it takes to get a majority. I will reserve the right to make a ~scary music~ deadline.

3) Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted. Please unvote before you change your vote to someone else.

4) Lynching will require a majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, any attempts to unvote will not be upheld.

5) You may vote: no lynch – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.

6) The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.

7). Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead.

8  ) Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts. If you do, you will be liable to get mod-killed.

9) Don’t quote any messages from me. You are liable to get mod-killed if you do.

10) I expect activity. This does not mean 50 posts a day but each In Game Day should see at least one post of decent quality (ie not just: "I'm here". Should you be away please post as such. Any prolonged inactivity will lead to a public warning followed by a replacement if necessary.

11) If you have any questions, you can pm me or ask in the thread. If I've made a mistake, please tell my by PM as soon as possible.

12) NO MASS ROLE CLAIMING

13) If any of the following rules in contradicted by your Role PM, go with your Role PM's rules instead

14) The process of lurking has been used to great success on this forum. In my opinion it is an invalid strategy. If you have a night action and you fail to make any attempt to participate during the day, your action will be disallowed. Again, I am not asking for 50 posts a day, only for everyone to make an effort.

15) On the off chance that you did not recive a role PM, please contact me immediately.

Credit to Oranges for some of these rules, shamelessly stolen from his game, "Part Time Detective, Full Time Crime".

Rock socks \,,/

Mango

« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 01:45:06 am by Electric Mango »

Offline iron snake

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
Mafia
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 06:39:53 pm »
I've been wanting to do this for a while it looks fun, I'm in.

Offline dark tyrant

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
Mafia
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 06:52:49 pm »
I'm in.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." -General S. Patton Jr.

Don't make me angry, I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.

Offline Singspike

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://
Mafia
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 07:23:23 pm »
What about doctors and sheriffs? You, sir, play an inferior version.

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
Mafia
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 08:26:07 pm »
How exactly do you play that on a forum?

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 4.97" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
Mafia
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 09:53:34 pm »
Quote from: Singspike
What about doctors and sheriffs? You, sir, play an inferior version.
gotta have the barber too
Ruling over pie since that one time a couple years ago.

Quote from: Wikipedia Article for Portal
Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
Mafia
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 10:53:48 pm »
in

also, how the fuck WOULD we play this on a forum?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 10:57:23 pm by KingRanter »

Offline Electric Mango

• R a p e r o f L e o
  • Independent Republic of Orange Nations
  • Funktuar
  • I Make All Your Dreams Come True
  • has 22 llamas
    • View Profile
Mafia
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 01:33:24 am »
We could play it all from this thread.  I don't have a game put together yet but I'll post the instructions from our last game we played on our forum to give you an idea of the rules.  

This would be just a RIA only game (plus me of course)

RULES

1) Nights will last around 24 - 48 hours. This is set in stone, it will not be changed.

2) Days will last however long it takes to get a majority. I will reserve the right to make a ~scary music~ deadline.

3) Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted. Please unvote before you change your vote to someone else.

4) Lynching will require a majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, any attempts to unvote will not be upheld.

5) You may vote: no lynch – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.

6) The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.

7). Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead.

Cool Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts. If you do, you will be liable to get mod-killed.

9) Don’t quote any messages from me. You are liable to get mod-killed if you do.

10) I expect activity. This does not mean 50 posts a day but each In Game Day should see at least one post of decent quality (ie not just: "I'm here". Should you be away please post as such. Any prolonged inactivity will lead to a public warning followed by a replacement if necessary.

11) If you have any questions, you can pm me or ask in the thread. If I've made a mistake, please tell my by PM as soon as possible.

12) NO MASS ROLE CLAIMING

13) If any of the following rules in contradicted by your Role PM, go with your Role PM's rules instead

14) The process of lurking has been used to great success on this forum. In my opinion it is an invalid strategy. If you have a night action and you fail to make any attempt to participate during the day, your action will be disallowed. Again, I am not asking for 50 posts a day, only for everyone to make an effort.

15) On the off chance that you did not recive a role PM, please contact me immediately.

Credit to Oranges for some of these rules, shamelessly stolen from his game, "Part Time Detective, Full Time Crime".

Offline Electric Mango

• R a p e r o f L e o
  • Funktuar
  • has 22 llamas
    • View Profile
Mafia
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 05:25:46 pm »
biz-ump

Offline Electric Mango

• R a p e r o f L e o
  • Funktuar
  • has 22 llamas
    • View Profile
Mafia
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 01:56:36 am »
Due to an insufficient amount of interest generated we will not be able to play the game on this forum.  I would recommend all who are interested in playing to get masked to IRON's forums to play.  There are games played almost non stop and we are always looking for new players.

http://www.alfatech.be/phpBB2_test/index.php?f=79

If anything else, come by and spam us up.  We're PG-13 btw

\,,/

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 39 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317