Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: The Moron Generation  (Read 1874 times)

Offline Spaztar Sorrena

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://
The Moron Generation
« on: November 05, 2008, 07:49:37 pm »
That's it. Any tattered shreds of respect that I still clung onto for my generation have been lost.

Oh sweet baby Jesus are these people fucking dense.

In case you didn't know, I live in Massachusetts, which is pretty much the Liberal capital of America, so naturally most of the people I know save for a select few voted for Obama. That's fine. I happen to like Barack Obama. But oh my God are his young supporters brain dead.

In my Psychology class today, my teacher, Mr. Walsh (who also teaches American Government), was talking about Obama and some of his policies. At one point, he mentions Obama's plan for higher education, (never mentioning whose plan it was) where the government will pay for a student to go through college, provided that the student serves his country and community for a certain period of time through community service and whatnot. Considering that all of the people in that class are seniors, this was a subject of self interest. Suddenly one girl, who not ten minutes earlier was GUSHING over Obama about how much she loved him and his plans, says, AND I QUOTE:

"Wow, really? That's an awesome idea! Now people who can't afford college can actually, like, go and pay for it that way. Whose idea was that?"

Oh sweet baby Jesus I wanted to punt her square in the cunt.

Later, over dinner with my family, I mentioned this. My brother then commented on how he was listening to the radio on his way to work, and Harvard students were calling in talking about the election. HARVARD. STUDENTS. I mean, I don't know about you, but when I think about Harvard students, I think about intelligent people. I mean, they gotta be a least a little intelligent, right? They're in fucking Harvard.

Anyways, these "intelligent people" are calling in droves, talking about voting for Obama. When the DJ asked them why they voted for Obama, a common response was "Uh, well I think that he's got the change that our country needs." When asked "What kind of change?", they responded to the effect of "Y'know, like change..." When asked which policies of Obama's they liked, there was supposedly a LONG, UNSETTLING SILENCE.

Mother. Of. God.

Apparently the majority of my (and your) generation are pants-on-head retarded. They vote for Obama, and yet they have little idea what he even stands for (no, "CHANGE" does not count as a fucking answer). In fact, from my observations, they know MORE about McCain than they know about Obama. They know at least some of McCain's policies, and don't agree with them, so they automatically go the other way, knowing vaguely what Obama says he's going to do. It's like choosing between hug from someone you aren't exactly fond of and a box labeled "Love and Prosperity" -- Sure, the words on the outside of the box promise a lot, but you don't exactly have a guarantee that's there's going to be love and prosperity in that box. There could be a rabid wolverine in there for all that you know, which happens to be practically nothing. Sometimes it's better to go with the devil you know than the devil you don't.

All day, people have been raving about "the young voters" coming out in record numbers to vote, yet there's no one asking these young people why they voted for who they did. People NEED to be called out on their shit every so often, just to make sure that they're in tune with what's going on around them. But no. Our generation is coddled and stroked for "doing their duty by voting", and not being reprimanded for their intense and inane idiocy and ignorance.

I swear to God, if this is the best that my generation can do, I fucking quit.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 09:37:33 pm by Spaztar Sorrena »

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
The Moron Generation
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 08:13:43 pm »
fucking wall of text ahoy indeed

forget this, i'll read this later

Offline IronSoldier820

• TTK Ambassador
  • Cactuar
  • It's My Dick in a Box
    • View Profile
    • The Templar Knights
The Moron Generation
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 08:19:24 pm »
I thought it was well written and I couldn't agree more. I've yet to encounter an Obama support who actually can hold his or her own in a debate about the issues. The most vocal Obama supporter in my class was this huge black chord with vocal cords that were apparently incapable of allowing her to shut the hell up. Her argument went along the lines of...

"McCain's old! He'll, like, die after a month in office. Then we'll be stuck with that Sarah Palin chick."

or the more infamous

"I like Obama because he stands for change."

Woopty-fucking-doo, I love my quarters and nickels too but damn. I didn't know that was enough reason to vote for somebody. And anytime she presented the McCain old "argument," she'd talk about it as if it were a fact that the man was going to drop dead the second he walked into the White House.

I thought we had medicine and doctors to keep people alive, if you're going to have McCain because he's old, hate him for his old-school conservative policies rather than his age.

Quote from: Loren
I could care less if they murdered a town of babies, but if they killed the dog.. <__<

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
The Moron Generation
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 08:27:21 pm »
The Education service plan she was referring to, is an adaptation of the IVG, or Illinois Veterans Grant.  Basically, anyone who serves a specific amount of time in a warzone and is a resident of Illinois receives FREE collage, and the MGIB (Montgomery GI Bill, which is used to pay for college in other states), is paid back to the veteran at a rate of $900 a month during the time the veteran attends college.

Further breakown and explaination:

The MGIB bill is offered to anyone in the military.  Basically, your first year in, you pay about $120 a month for 12 months, then at the end of those 12 months, the government grants you $50,000 funding for college.  When you goto a school, you goto the financial aid, tell them you are using the MGIB and they will then do the paperwork so that course fees and credits are charged to the MGIB.  It's a pretty good deal, BUT, it gets better in Illinois:

In Illinois (Obamas home state), if you serve in the military in a combat zone and paid into the MGIB, you get the IVG or Illinois Veterans Grant.  Basically, instead of the MGIB being used for your college credits, your college credits are free and you get a stipend of 300 a month per 3 credits for as long as you goto college in Illinois.  Now, ONLY schools that receive state-funding are REQUIRED BY LAW to do this.  Other schools, use the MGIB.  Additionally, A veteran from Illinois CAN NOT be declined entrance into ANY school in the state, providing that they can pass minimum requirements to attend.  They can however, be put onto INCREDEBLY long lists for private/super-nice schools.

Finally, the requirements for the IVG are as follows:

1. Have a permanent residence in Illinois for at least 2 years prior to enlistment
2. When your service ends, your residence is back in Illinois.
3. Served in a combat zone for no less then 6 months.

Basically, Obamas plan, is a modification of that.  Instead of being in a warzone, you can earn free college through volunteer services and helping the government and US get better and blah blah blah...

Source:  Myself, as I am currently using the IVG to receive FREE COLLEGE

BTW, if you read my "So Barack obama won" topic, you'd see that we really couldn't lose.  Both Obama (who stands for change) and McCain (Who stands for slightly less change, and removal of corruption) were both good canidates.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 08:29:59 pm by Apophis775 »
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Quote from: Dontasemebro
I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
The Moron Generation
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 08:34:07 pm »
i'll never read the posts in this topic, i dont have the time

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
The Moron Generation
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 09:18:20 pm »
Quote from: Atonichis775
The Education service plan she was referring to, is an adaptation of the IVG, or Illinois Veterans Grant.  Basically, anyone who serves a specific amount of time in a warzone and is a resident of Illinois receives FREE collage, and the MGIB (Montgomery GI Bill, which is used to pay for college in other states), is paid back to the veteran at a rate of $900 a month during the time the veteran attends college.

The MGIB bill is offered to anyone in the military.  Basically, your first year in, you pay about $120 a month for 12 months, then at the end of those 12 months, the government grants you $50,000 funding for college.  When you goto a school, you goto the financial aid, tell them you are using the MGIB and they will then do the paperwork so that course fees and credits are charged to the MGIB.  It's a pretty good deal, BUT, it gets better in Illinois:

In Illinois (Obamas home state), if you serve in the military in a combat zone and paid into the MGIB, you get the IVG or Illinois Veterans Grant.  Basically, instead of the MGIB being used for your college credits, your college credits are free and you get a stipend of 300 a month per 3 credits for as long as you goto college in Illinois.  Now, ONLY schools that receive state-funding are REQUIRED BY LAW to do this.  Other schools, use the MGIB.  Additionally, A veteran from Illinois CAN NOT be declined entrance into ANY school in the state, providing that they can pass minimum requirements to attend.  They can however, be put onto INCREDEBLY long lists for private/super-nice schools.

1. Have a permanent residence in Illinois for at least 2 years prior to enlistment

Basically, Obamas plan, is a modification of that.  Instead of being in a warzone, you can earn free college through volunteer services and helping the government and US get better and blah blah blah...

BTW, if you read my "So Barack obama won" topic, you'd see that we really couldn't lose.  Both Obama (who stands for change) and McCain (Who stands for slightly less change, and removal of corruption) were both good canidates.

The MGIB bill is offered to anyone in the military.

The MGIB bill

MGIB bill

(Montgomery GI Bill, which is used to pay for college in other states)

Montgomery GI Bill bill

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

C-zom

The Moron Generation
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 10:38:06 pm »
The George Carlin avatar does not make you right or smart. Get out.

Offline Dontasemebro

• What does the custom title look like
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 12.48" long.
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: RIAland
  • Ruler: Dontasemebro
The Moron Generation
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 10:53:12 pm »
Quote from: Untelligent

The MGIB bill is offered to anyone in the military.

The MGIB bill

MGIB bill

(Montgomery GI Bill, which is used to pay for college in other states)

Montgomery GI Bill bill

I quoted this.
My cat watches me have sex, he's not the only one.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline Spaztar Sorrena

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
The Moron Generation
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 11:47:42 pm »
Quote from: C-zom
The George Carlin avatar does not make you right or smart. Get out.

Of course it doesn't. It's a goddamn avatar. It has no bearing on ANYTHING other than my interests.

And I won't "Get out" simply because some punk I don't know has demanded that I should. I'm simply speaking my mind.

(inb4quotationoflastsentence)

Offline Dontasemebro

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
The Moron Generation
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 11:58:59 pm »
Don't listen to C-zom
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
The Moron Generation
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 12:05:08 am »
Um spaz...  he was kidding

your in "random Insanity".  This part our of forum is appx 99.9% Bullshit and .1 % Pterrydactylhis Party Threads.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Leo

Offline Spaztar Sorrena

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
The Moron Generation
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 12:09:57 am »
Ah. Sorry 'bout that. I'm feeling a bit tense and tired.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
The Moron Generation
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 12:14:19 am »
You need a signature... That empty mass at the bottom of your sentence makes me sad
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Spaztar Sorrena

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
The Moron Generation
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 12:26:12 am »
Thar. Filler signature until I can find something better. Portal is like, so totally last year.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
The Moron Generation
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 12:54:03 am »
meh could be better.  But at least there isn't a giant empty space.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
The Moron Generation
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 01:12:28 am »
that's interesting, minorities were a big issue with the candidates we had, a black candidate, a woman for president and for vice president,

yet one of the main arguments against mccain, was agist. epic hypocracy, historic indeed. i love america but we are very backwards in some ways.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Dontasemebro

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
The Moron Generation
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 01:24:46 am »
Agism is in law, can't vote till you're 18, can't be president till you're 35, and old-agism should be treated the same as young-agism.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
The Moron Generation
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 02:00:05 am »
Agism is in law, can't vote till you're 18, can't be president till you're 35, and old-agism should be treated the same as young-agism.
well i agree when it comes to driver's licenses for older people and perhaps senility

but on the other hand i think the sentiments towards mccain went far past respectful caution.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized the Moon! Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 16.44" long.
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Verspasia
  • Ruler: Delta1212
The Moron Generation
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 03:08:10 am »
I just find it funny because it means that they didn't even pay attention to campaign ads. You'd think at the very least they'd buy into their own candidates propaganda enough t parrot one issue. For crying out loud, I had their respective healthcare plans beaten into my head 5 times a day for over a month.

Incidentally, McCain's sucked horribly.
It's ok Delta, the mods still love you.  But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.

<Away_Srqt[PG13]> thanks for satisfying my girlfriend delta
<Away_Srqt[PG13]> I appreciate it

The Truth about Scientology

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
The Moron Generation
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 10:41:47 am »
So I got a new AZ license last year *cuz in AZ there up and down if under 21 and I cant get in to bars with the new readers thay have* any way its good till 2049. So ill be 65 and driveing. McCain can drive in his home state.
Enemies you threaten make armies.
Enemies you destroy make graves.
Shinsei says "Forgive and forget."
 Why? So you can fool me again?
I have Rick rolled 4

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 49 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317