Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Qualified to manage you but not old enough to drink  (Read 11444 times)

Offline Buck Turgidson

• Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!
  • RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • He'll see the big board!
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 11.13" long.
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Spank my ass and call me Judy.
  • Nation: Darwinium of Slugs
  • Ruler: GrilledSlug
Re: Qualified to manage you but not old enough to drink
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2011, 10:21:16 am »

Earth sucks.  It is full of Holy Rulers who don't get my erudite references to Robert A. Heinlein.

Offline Holy Ruler

• Cactuar
  • Awards One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been a diplomat RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 12" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: New Quds
  • Ruler: Holy Ruler
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2011, 11:57:24 am »

Earth sucks.  It is full of Holy Rulers who don't get my erudite references to Robert A. Heinlein.

Heinlein sucks. I write real-life scientific war books.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2011, 07:10:52 am »
Real-life scientific war books suck.  There's not enough boobies in them, and besides, Sun Tzu pretty much nailed that subject down 2600 years ago.  Contemporize, man...

Offline Holy Ruler

• Cactuar
  • Awards One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been a diplomat RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 12" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2011, 08:08:40 am »
Sun Tzu sucks. No body gets closer to their enemies these days.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2011, 08:46:31 am »
Bah, that's just fashion.  It is the old challenge of the bow vs the spear, skirmish vs shock.  Hammer and anvil tactics still rule, and wars still cannot be won without closing with the enemy on the ground.  Obfuscate modern sensors and communnications, and we are back to wielding clubs and cburritos jaws.

And Sun Tzu still applies even if you don't close with the enemy, proving that art trumps science.  Especially poignant today, and in this thread, is the last chapter...

Offline Holy Ruler

• Cactuar
  • war boner is 12" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2011, 10:29:35 am »
Bah, that's just fashion.  It is the old challenge of the bow vs the spear, skirmish vs shock.  Hammer and anvil tactics still rule, and wars still cannot be won without closing with the enemy on the ground.  Obfuscate modern sensors and communnications, and we are back to wielding clubs and cburritos jaws.

And Sun Tzu still applies even if you don't close with the enemy, proving that art trumps science.  Especially poignant today, and in this thread, is the last chapter...

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2011, 01:18:35 pm »
Sun Tzu is required reading at the Us Army Intelligence School/Academy.  I know.  I graduated from there.

Also, I'm intrested in your real-life scientific war books.  What are the exactly?  Fiction or non-fiction?  Guides, Biographies?  Where do they classify?  How do you get research?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 01:20:22 pm by Apophis775 »
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Quote from: Dontasemebro
I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2011, 01:30:48 am »
Yeah - I would be interested in knowing too.  My favourite military author/analyst is JFC Fuller.  Who is yours?

Offline Holy Ruler

• Cactuar
  • war boner is 12" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2011, 08:20:01 am »
Mine is Karl Popper (ok, I know he wasn't into military shit, but whatever).

Also my real life war books are not scientific per se, but they deal with guerilla groups in a certain country and how they rose to power (kinda).

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2011, 11:35:45 am »
An interesting subject.  Revolutionary method - based on successful revolutions like the Christian, Mohamedian, American, French, and Russian have a lot in common:

- started by a few intellectuals (or God, Allah...etc)
- create a clear manifesto, bible, koran (ie dogma)
- Get the buy-in of key economic interests
- Get the Army on your side
- Wage a successful war
- propagandize like hell
- fight the inevitable counter-revolutionaries once they get organized
- design nice uniforms

It is a process and a formula that is quite repetitive in history.  The more difficult challenge is how to beat an insurrection, whether by intra- or trans-state actors...

Have you published?

Offline Snowbound Milk

• God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Formerly a member of Sol Has donated money for the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade IIDA Graduate and Cadet RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 11.47" long.
  • has 140 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2011, 12:05:22 pm »
*reads first post*

K.

*reads last post*

rite...

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2011, 12:10:18 pm »
Don't have to be old enough to drink to revolt...or write books about it.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2011, 01:48:43 pm »
Somehow I keep going back to wanting to write my book in modern military intelligence.  But, I know that I'd probably end up in a secret CIA prison in Alaska...
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Leo

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2011, 02:30:51 pm »
My grandfather was in intel at the end of WW2, and helped plan the Canadian D-Day landing.  He stayed around after the war for 2 years to use his intel skills to put families back together (think about the scale of destruction and displacement...).  I asked why he stayed and didn't come back to see family & friends, and he said he had some things to atone for.  It's the only thing he ever said about the war, to anyone since he returned.  Today he is in an old-vets home with advanced Alzheimer's, and the only people he remembers in the whole world, including his children, are the names of his first anti-tank gun crew.  I wish he'd written something down - I can only imagine the knowledge and experience he had and has now lost.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2011, 02:56:30 pm »
unfortunately, because of what I did, most of what I would write is classified and I don't feel like getting charged with treason.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Holy Ruler

• Cactuar
  • war boner is 12" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2011, 09:03:37 am »
An interesting subject.  Revolutionary method - based on successful revolutions like the Christian, Mohamedian, American, French, and Russian have a lot in common:

- started by a few intellectuals (or God, Allah...etc)
- create a clear manifesto, bible, koran (ie dogma)
- Get the buy-in of key economic interests
- Get the Army on your side
- Wage a successful war
- propagandize like hell
- fight the inevitable counter-revolutionaries once they get organized
- design nice uniforms

It is a process and a formula that is quite repetitive in history.  The more difficult challenge is how to beat an insurrection, whether by intra- or trans-state actors...

Have you published?
Mohammedan is an insult, please don't call Muslims that again.

Also, I am published, but not the book itself. Do you subscribe to IHS Jane's?

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2011, 03:37:13 pm »
No, Jane's is too expansive and my interests are as up to date.

Why is Mohammedan an insult?  I lived in the middle east for 7 years, and thought I knew the difference between that and Muslim.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2011, 03:52:39 am »
I've heard of it being "insulting" before.  It was one of the terms we were told not to use when interacting with the population.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Holy Ruler

• Cactuar
  • war boner is 12" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2011, 08:51:49 am »
Calling a Muslim Mohammedan is like calling a Christian "Cross Worshiper" - unless you personally don't mind. It also implies that Islam is a religion founded by the Prophet Mohammed, when in reality what we believe is that Islam is a continuous religion, and that the Prophet was the last messenger with the last book. We also believe in Jesus, Moses, Abraham, etc.
Also, GS, I wouldn't know how expensive Jane's is because I have a Gratis subscription to a couple of its publications :)  (WIT and Sentinel)

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2011, 11:20:44 am »
Actually, I think it may be a bit closer to "bible thumper".
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 49 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317