Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: may be getting new computer  (Read 4589 times)

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex
    • View Profile
may be getting new computer
« on: September 22, 2007, 01:45:18 pm »
i want to know what you guys think of this system

amd athlon x2 5000+
2 gig ddr ram
500 gb HDD
19 in 16:9 HD screen
nvidia 6150 256 megs memory HD graphics card

so good or bad you all think? and is it worth another $140 to go to 3 gigs of ram?

EDIT: frogot it was a HD graphics card
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 01:53:45 pm by Vector »

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline crazyisraelie

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War Has been Head of Recruitment Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been a Foreign Affairs director Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 5.4" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Kingdom of Zion
  • Ruler: crazyisraelie
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 02:30:22 pm »
Price and the graphics card sucks.

Yes I am a self righteous asshole. Deal with it.

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 03:24:34 pm »
True, the price is crazy.

You can do so much better than $140 for an extra gig of ram.  What are the ones you're buying, made out of gold????

My laptop has comparable specs (though better graphics card), and it's cheaper to upgrade X_X

Offline master31347

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sexybeast.com
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 03:25:43 pm »
shitty >_>
Quote from: Flask
My spy name is Thane Durand, but if you remember that later, be on the lookout for a brain wipe.

<---- Recruited the most for the month of September

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 05:31:59 pm »
my parents want a warenty and to get that we have to get them to upgrade the ram X_X
hmm, any recomended graphics cards?

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 05:41:15 pm »
build your own! nearly every part has a 3 year warranty. and you can make it much better than that. how much would you be paying for that?

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 06:06:44 pm »
Keep on shopping around.

You can find some amazing deals.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 06:08:46 pm »
with the monitor it would cost $670

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 09:46:25 pm »
i just got this system but with a nvidia geforce 8600

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 09:51:23 pm »
you bought it, then?

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 09:54:50 pm »
ya
but it has teh 8600

wethepeople

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 09:59:25 pm »
ox.

A Samsung 226w (Best monitor made. and thats 22') costs only $300.
6150 is not an HD card, lol.
$140 for another gig!? Good god man.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 09:59:45 pm by wethepeople »

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 10:11:04 pm »
ok here is what it has (wethepeople this is for you)

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 dual-core processor 5000+
2GB PC2-5300 DDR2 memory
nvidia 8600 256 ddr3 ram
15-1 memory card slot
hd tv tuner
720i 19" HD monitor
16XDVD±RW/CD-RW
rca cable in (to plug in a game system)
6 usb 2.0 ports
500GB Serial ATA II hard drive with 16MB cache
s-video in
media remote
2 firewire ports
10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN with RJ-45 connector; V.92 high-speed data/fax modem

nice computer

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 10:12:27 pm »
also it's $140 for the gig because its under warenty so i have to get the stick from bestbuy (100) and have them install it (40) but they have sales every so often and then i can get a gig for 70 installed so i'll go to 4 gigs then

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 10:46:55 pm »
ouch... $40 to install a stick of memory... it's not THAT difficult...

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 10:55:27 pm »
i know

fucking geek squad

wethepeople

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 10:56:33 pm »
Geek squad sucks ass. They couldn't install a PCI card. You know why? Motherboard was effing AGP. Douchebags know nothing.

It takes about 1.5 seconds to install ram. Its literally plug and play.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 11:10:48 pm »
true
but my dad who paid for it wanted warenty so he gets warenty

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 11:13:54 pm »
Reading this topic is like reading German.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I know so little about technology.

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

bioakky

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 11:16:09 pm »
lawl @ C-zom

All motherboards (recent ones at least...and all older ones even have a PCI-like slot) have PCI slots whether their main video graphics port is PCI-Express or AGP.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 47 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317