Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: My own riddle. Its actually pretty cool.  (Read 2685 times)

wethepeople

My own riddle. Its actually pretty cool.
« on: October 01, 2007, 06:44:10 pm »
Except, I don't know the answer. =P So we'll all figure it out.

A man was to be sentenced, and the judge told him, "You may make a statement. If it is true, I'll sentence you to four years in prison. If it is false, I'll sentence you to six years in prison." After the man made his statement, the judge decided to let him go free. What did the man say?

Hmm...

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 16.44" long.
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Verspasia
  • Ruler: Delta1212
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 06:45:05 pm »
"You will sentence me to six years of prison"
It's ok Delta, the mods still love you.  But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.

<Away_Srqt[PG13]> thanks for satisfying my girlfriend delta
<Away_Srqt[PG13]> I appreciate it

The Truth about Scientology

wethepeople

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 06:48:09 pm »
Yeah, I just figured it out myself. Next.

I know the answer to this one cause I watched Die hard with a veangence. >_>

You have a barrel of oil, and you need to measure out just one gallon. How do you do this if you only have a three-gallon container and a five-gallon container?

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 4.97" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 06:51:37 pm »
how about this one?
What is always in front of you, you are always moving towards, but you can never get to?
Ruling over pie since that one time a couple years ago.

Quote from: Wikipedia Article for Portal
Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 06:55:28 pm »
Quote from: wethepeople

You have a barrel of oil, and you need to measure out just one gallon. How do you do this if you only have a three-gallon container and a five-gallon container?

Barrel of oil? Well.. if you want to have some fun you grab a box of matches and back up a few feet...

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 07:22:07 pm »

Fill the 3-gallon. Pour it into the 5-Gallon. Fill the 3-gallon again. Fill up the 5-gallon. You have one gallon left in the 3-gallon.

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 07:22:41 pm »

fill the 5
pour 3 into the 3 from the five
empty the 3
pour the 2 left in the five into the 3
fill the five
pour 1 more from the five into the 3 so the 3 is full
empty the 3
pour 3 into the 3 from the 5

that leaves 1 in the five, victory is mine

then with the rest of the barrel do as loren says    

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline Secundo

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theredline.org
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 07:24:40 pm »

Here's my answer, along with lame, easy to follow, acsii!

First fill the 3 gallon up:

| |
| |  
| |   |X|
| |   |X|
| |   |X|

Now, pour it into the 5 gallon:

| |
| |  
|X|   | |
|X|   | |
|X|   |   |

Then fill up the 3 gallon bucket

| |
| |  
|X|   |X|
|X|   |X|
|X|   |X|

And fianlly fill up the 5 gallon with the 3 gallon.

|X|
|X|  
|X|   | |
|X|   | |
|X|   |X|

And you have 1 gallon in the 3 gallon container!

| |
| |
|X|
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 07:25:14 pm by Secundo »

Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

Quote from: DrunkWino
Damn, that's about as close as I've ever seen Ambassador Light get to tell somebody to go fuck themselves.

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized Mars!
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 07:26:17 pm »
=D I finished mine first.

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Fortress

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 07:47:41 pm »
Reminds me of Kotor

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 07:50:59 pm »
Quote from: pielord47
how about this one?
What is always in front of you, you are always moving towards, but you can never get to?

Your eyesight

[23:02] loren: You're pants are very fun

Andy says:
lorens not responding so HI LORENS MOM
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
I'VE SEEN YOUR DAUGHTER NAKED, HAVE YOU?
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]I WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL KENNY DECLARES DEFEAT[/span] 8-2-07

Offline Secundo

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 07:55:48 pm »
pssh, but mine had prettier graphics anyway...

---

The LePerrire Brothers, Floyd and Stanely, each are sons of a wealthy real-estate tycoon. Their father, Anter LePerrire, bought them each a stable and two of the finest horses in the country. Both Floyd and Stanley were also accomplished jockeys and enjoyed racing their prized horses. Stanley cared for his horse Sunday and Floyd rode upon Tandy. Upon their fathers tragic death he would award care of his country estate to whichever son could win a horse race.

Floyd mounted upon Tandy, and Stanley mounted upon Sunday and rode to the starting gate. The course was beautiful, and they had the giant one mile course all to themselves. But there was a catch, the winner would be the horse that finished second.

The attorney pondered the dilemma and feared that the match would end with both jockeys not moving and enter a stalemate. He simply could not come up with an answer to this second place dilemma. Then suddenly Stanley had an idea and both brothers agreed, the attorney had no objections, and all the money was awarded to one of the brothers. What was the agreement?

---

As an aside, anyone heard of/completed "Draculas Riddle?"

Damn, that's about as close as I've ever seen Ambassador Light get to tell somebody to go fuck themselves.

Offline Untelligent

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 08:02:12 pm »
That Tandy finished before Sunday.

Stay Frosty.

This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Secundo

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 08:03:33 pm »
err, no, with the info you can't know who wins, only what the agreement was.

But, you can imagine Tandy won if you want!  
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 08:04:14 pm by Secundo »

Offline Untelligent

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 08:05:46 pm »
That was the agreement. Or something to that effect.

Stay Frosty.

This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Secundo

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 08:07:13 pm »
Oh, that's your guess. No. That's all I'm gonna say.

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 08:21:00 pm »
The one who got second from second won?

[23:02] loren: You're pants are very fun

Andy says:
lorens not responding so HI LORENS MOM
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
I'VE SEEN YOUR DAUGHTER NAKED, HAVE YOU?
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]I WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL KENNY DECLARES DEFEAT[/span] 8-2-07

Offline emperor abcd

• RIAer
  • Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 19.38" long.
  • has 308 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Expedience
  • Ruler: Emperor abcd
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 09:03:51 pm »
They rode each other's horses.  Therefore the one who's horse finished second would end up winning all of the money.

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 16.44" long.
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Verspasia
  • Ruler: Delta1212
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 09:55:47 pm »
Quote from: emperor abcd
They rode each other's horses.  Therefore the one who's horse finished second would end up winning all of the money.

I was gonna say that.
It's ok Delta, the mods still love you.  But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.

<Away_Srqt[PG13]> thanks for satisfying my girlfriend delta
<Away_Srqt[PG13]> I appreciate it

The Truth about Scientology

Offline vgmmaster

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 11:08:09 pm »
One I made up myself.

What item, no matter how hard it may try, can never become evil?

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 47 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317