Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: What's your poison?  (Read 2800 times)

Offline Lamentations

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://
What's your poison?
« on: November 01, 2007, 07:54:09 am »
Might have already been done but at the moment I am too lazy to check, sorry.

Of course I love beer, mostly local ones (Toohey's New, Toohey's Extra Dry, Carlton Draught, Carlton Cold, Little Creatures, Coopers, Blue Tongue, Cascade, Boag's) and  but also don't mind a bit of the Heineken or Carlsberg when I can afford it (only about same price as premium local beers like Crown Lager and Cascade Premium) and also love many of the Belgian abbey and monastery beers (Chimay Blue, Leffé).

After beer I would say Scotch Whisky is my main drink. Generally drink a bottle of this before going out (mix it with tonic zero, don't like it straight because I can only afford cheap blended scotch's and not the nice single malts), especially seeing you don't need to drink as much a volume as beer and also there are less calories, I guess.

After this would be rum and wine about even here  Have a nice local rum called Bundaberg Rum (Bundy) that is good for the price. Also Jägermeister is really nice on its own but horrible with red bull, and also nice with V (an energy drink from AU/NZ).

Not a fan of cocktails or premixes (not even rum'n'cola, etc.) and I can't stand vodka in any form unless it is free and I am already pretty tipsy.

How about everyone else?

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: goddammit
  • Ruler: certainly not
What's your poison?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 08:28:08 am »
Wine. I absolutely love wine.
fuck off

Offline dester55

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Overlooked member of the RIA
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been a diplomat IIDA Graduate and Cadet Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 18.67" long.
  • has 189 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: kamicassis
  • Ruler: dester55
What's your poison?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 09:26:57 am »
vodka

When everyone rage quits I start taking my clothes off.

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
What's your poison?
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 09:31:00 am »
Toohey's Extra Dry and Carlton Draught are my fav beers, which is 75% of what I drink. Fav spirit is definately whiskey, once went through a 700ml 37% bottle in 1 night (wasn't too good the next day). Therefore my fav mixer is whiskey and dry closely followed by Jagerbombs. Am I the only one that likes the taste of those?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 09:31:31 am by ganon5 »

Offline Lanna

• Ministress of Secks
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Military Operations
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://realbigcheese.livejournal.com/
What's your poison?
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 12:18:04 pm »
I like smirnoff and cocktail.
Lebanese Proverb: Lower your voice and strengthen your argument.

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has donated money for the RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 16.44" long.
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Verspasia
  • Ruler: Delta1212
What's your poison?
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 02:52:20 pm »
Jack Daniels and Coke tastes better than just plain Coke and I love Schnapps. That said, I mainly drink straight Vodka.

Also, I don't really drink much at all.
It's ok Delta, the mods still love you.  But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.

<Away_Srqt[PG13]> thanks for satisfying my girlfriend delta
<Away_Srqt[PG13]> I appreciate it

The Truth about Scientology

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
What's your poison?
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 07:28:50 pm »
Tried wine/beer/something my friend claimed to be vodka.

All tasted like shit.

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has donated money for the RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 16.44" long.
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Verspasia
  • Ruler: Delta1212
What's your poison?
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 07:54:55 pm »
Quote from: Loren

All tasted like shit.
Beer and wine taste horrible. Vodka doesn't taste good, but it's easier to get down. And I almost just threw up thinking about it. I must reiterate. Do not. Ever. Let ANYONE talk you into just "one more" once you think you've hit your limit. Especially if that one more is an entire cup of Vodka. And I mean one of those big-ass plastic cups, not a little one.

Also, Vodka with orange Fanta is surprisingly less bad tasting. The only alcoholic drink that I think legitimately tastes good is a Jack Daniels and Coke, to be honest. Everything else, just drink something that won't make you gag until you start getting a little light-headed feeling, then sip a beer or something and you'll be fine. I do not recommend chugging or multiple shots or anything like that unless you don't mind really regretting it the entire next day.
It's ok Delta, the mods still love you.  But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.

<Away_Srqt[PG13]> thanks for satisfying my girlfriend delta
<Away_Srqt[PG13]> I appreciate it

The Truth about Scientology

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
What's your poison?
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 08:35:23 pm »

All tasted like shit.
Beer and most high-proof alcohols taste absolutely horrid. Wine takes some getting used to, but you can grow to love it.
fuck off

Offline Chaos Poet

• RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
    • View Profile
    • http://www.idontrollonshabbat.com
What's your poison?
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 08:57:49 pm »
Bacardi Raz
Mikes Hard lemonade
lesbian urine

всe... Чиллах именно так...

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=121543

Offline Lamentations

• Cactus
    • View Profile
What's your poison?
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 09:20:35 pm »
Beer doesn't taste horrible :/ Maybe you are all just Americans, in which case YOUR beer tastes horrid xD

Toohey's Extra Dry and Carlton Draught are my fav beers, which is 75% of what I drink. Fav spirit is definately whiskey, once went through a 700ml 37% bottle in 1 night (wasn't too good the next day). Therefore my fav mixer is whiskey and dry closely followed by Jagerbombs. Am I the only one that likes the taste of those?

:| Long lost twin?

These are my exact favourites, well apart from jäger bombs cos red bull tastes horrible, but jäger bombs with V instead are awesome. I always go through a bottle a night of whisky when drinking it (I have that before going out if I want to get really drunk)  700mL ones, anyway, and they are 40% usually. Have been buying the 1L ones lately because they are better value.

I have only tried 3 different brands of scotch and they are all blends - Johnny Walker Red, William Grant's, and Chival Regas. All nice. TEDs are great and I think I prefer Carlton Cold to Carlton Draught, especially when the local bottlo has them on special for the same price at $34 a slab.

Offline evil greg guy

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet
    • View Profile
What's your poison?
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 09:57:26 pm »
Captain Morgan Spiced Rum

or

Buttershots, gotta love dem buttershots
"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil gets angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset....people DIE!!!"
                                         - Dr. Evil

Offline erictheholeking

• Cactus
    • View Profile
What's your poison?
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 10:54:03 pm »
My favorite beer is Mickey's  Bigmouth green grenades. And my hard liquor of choice is Spiced Rum (Captain and coka cola)!
I AM KING OF THE HOLE!!!(Hole, being my capitol city)!Stay out of my Hole!!!!!!!!

wethepeople

What's your poison?
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 11:28:26 pm »

All tasted like shit.

This. Also had Shahnps or whatever (It was peppermint.) and pucker green apple. ALL was crap, I'm not even going to officialy touch alcohol.

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
What's your poison?
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 11:47:48 pm »
Quote from: wethepeople

All tasted like shit.

This. Also had Shahnps or whatever (It was peppermint.) and pucker green apple. ALL was crap, I'm not even going to officialy touch alcohol.
I was like that for ages. Then I came to college and I think it's pretty obvious what my current opinion is.
fuck off

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
What's your poison?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 11:56:29 pm »
Quote from: Lamentations
Beer doesn't taste horrible :/ Maybe you are all just Americans, in which case YOUR beer tastes horrid xD

:| Long lost twin?

These are my exact favourites, well apart from jäger bombs cos red bull tastes horrible, but jäger bombs with V instead are awesome. I always go through a bottle a night of whisky when drinking it (I have that before going out if I want to get really drunk)  700mL ones, anyway, and they are 40% usually. Have been buying the 1L ones lately because they are better value.

I have only tried 3 different brands of scotch and they are all blends - Johnny Walker Red, William Grant's, and Chival Regas. All nice. TEDs are great and I think I prefer Carlton Cold to Carlton Draught, especially when the local bottlo has them on special for the same price at $34 a slab.
TEDs is the cheapest beer at my uni tavern being $10 per jug so needless to say me and my mates drink a fair bit of it

Offline Signothorn

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.PlanetVampire.com
What's your poison?
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 02:10:45 am »
I only drink a couple times a year so my tolerance is pretty low. However, I like pineapple vodka. The problem is it goes down like kool-aid and after 5 or six I don't remember how I got home or what or who I did. That's why I only drink anything other than beer if I'm crashing there or have a DD. When it comes to beer, I'm pretty much a sipper. Corona or Killian's but only 1 or 2.

Offline Dagny Taggart

• Cactus
    • View Profile
What's your poison?
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 02:36:10 am »

All tasted like shit.

You're still young.
Official Ideal Trade Groups Thread

If you have two of the following resources you can sign up.

Or if you have one of the above and one of the below.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/shijeru" target="_blank">http://www.last.fm/user/shijeru</a>

Offline Lamentations

• Cactus
    • View Profile
What's your poison?
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 02:48:39 am »
Captain Morgan Spiced Rum

YES. Actually Cpt'n Morgan's EVERYTHIGN Rum, all of it is very good.

Also I like Mead. It is kinda like wine but fermented from honey instead of grapes and was the first alcohol made. I even have a drinking horn for it! You can get spiced mead, too, but it is generally pretty hot.

TEDs is the cheapest beer at my uni tavern being $10 per jug

Yeah mate which uni you go to? At the bar here you can get $7 jugs/$3 schooners (although schooners are too small, when will we bring in half a litre as the standard like in Europe! :/) of Carlton, Tohhey's, etc. and once they did a deal on Stella Artois for $7 a jug is was awesome, but those days are gone the uni bar lost tonicularity.

I find it hard to get drunk on beer, but you can reach a nice stage of tipsy or drunkenness for very cheaply and I enjoy the taste. If those 5L mini kegs were not so expensive they would be the best, because 5L is a pretty good amount if you don't want to be unco-ordinated and acting stupid - it gets you pretty merry - and you can fill your own stein or something with it and it keeps chilled for hours. Beer is also good not only because it is refreshing and tastes good, but you never get a hang over from just beer (mixing drinks is what gets you hangovers). Also for those of you who don't like beer or can't handle alcohol too well, there is always light beer and premium light beers - we have some really nice ones here and I am sure there are some elsewhere (haven't tried any, though).

It is weird so many of you say you hate alcohol or never drink it. I didn't think not drinking was an option :| I only know one person who never drank or didn't like any kinds of alcohol (well he didn't when he was a certain age but a few years later he started drinking) and the reason for it was because his dad was a violent alcoholic. You guys don't drink just because of the taste, your age, the price, or you don't like the feelings?

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
What's your poison?
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 05:30:16 am »
Quote from: Lamentations
Yeah mate which uni you go to? At the bar here you can get $7 jugs/$3 schooners (although schooners are too small, when will we bring in half a litre as the standard like in Europe! :/) of Carlton, Tohhey's, etc. and once they did a deal on Stella Artois for $7 a jug is was awesome, but those days are gone the uni bar lost tonicularity.

I find it hard to get drunk on beer, but you can reach a nice stage of tipsy or drunkenness for very cheaply and I enjoy the taste. If those 5L mini kegs were not so expensive they would be the best, because 5L is a pretty good amount if you don't want to be unco-ordinated and acting stupid - it gets you pretty merry - and you can fill your own stein or something with it and it keeps chilled for hours. Beer is also good not only because it is refreshing and tastes good, but you never get a hang over from just beer (mixing drinks is what gets you hangovers). Also for those of you who don't like beer or can't handle alcohol too well, there is always light beer and premium light beers - we have some really nice ones here and I am sure there are some elsewhere (haven't tried any, though).
Wait, wait. Is that the regular price of a jug? 1.25L? Because that's dirt cheap... ~5 or 6 standard drinks for $7. I go to CUT in Perth and some nights they have Toohey's jugs for $8 but every other day/night they're 10. And I agree that it's easy to drink a lot without getting stupid. 5 jugs between 4 in 2 hrs doesn't get you drunk but it certainly makes lectures more fun
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 05:35:36 am by ganon5 »

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 48 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317