Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Jesus was the biggest blasphemer ever  (Read 12702 times)

wethepeople

Jesus was the biggest blasphemer ever
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2007, 03:11:25 pm »
I've honestly never heard of that in any of the books in the Bible. @_@ Ever. And the Bible is very symbolic, I doubt it was literal. A literal beast isn't going to come out of the sea, ala Revelations, its symbolism.

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 6.25" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Realm of Mpire
  • Ruler: invincible13matt
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2007, 04:21:35 pm »
let's see... Kings, for one, is backed up by archaeological evidence. The archaeologists didn't think these guys existed, go dig where the bible tells them to, and lo and behold, there is the evidence! I never said God wrote the bible. I believe that the Bible is God-inspired, a la 2 Timothy. We know Jesus was real, know he was crucified, and it cannot be disproved that he rose again. That, right there, is all that needs to be disproven to destroy Christianity in its entirety- the Resurrection of Christ. I dare you to try. In the words of one of our own, "I wish more people would try to disprove the resurrection of Christ. If they did, there would be a lot more Christians!"
More resilient than Wile E. Coyote.

Third, Fourth Great War Veteran, War of the Coalition Veteran
Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Six years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 14.02" long.
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
  • Nation: The Turtle Lair
  • Ruler: Leonardo
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2007, 07:59:47 pm »
Quote from: Shyox
Quote from: wethepeople
Thats like asking you to support evolution with books, or math, or science itself. First, prove that its not the Word of God.

But you CAN support Evolution with books and Science. @.@

Umm... It was written by men who had in their hands the power to take control of Christianity for years to come. Obviously many of their own ideas are in there.

I have one question though. Why is it that the beginning of Genisis where God is making the earth so similar to the theory of evolution? I mean, the orders are so similar I'm surprised anyone can argue.
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Quote from: Crazyman93
Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
<brians_bot>: kenny > big tits
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2007, 09:08:52 pm »
similar, but the moving factor is different. Some entertain the thought that God made evolution and set it into motion after he created species, fully knowing what would come of it.

Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline cctmsp13

• Viceroy
  • Funktuar
  • Viceroy of the RIA - Maru!
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 19.11" long.
  • has 318 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: korinekia
  • Ruler: cctmsp13
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2007, 03:19:41 am »
Quote from: wethepeople
I've honestly never heard of that in any of the books in the Bible. @_@ Ever. And the Bible is very symbolic, I doubt it was literal. A literal beast isn't going to come out of the sea, ala Revelations, its symbolism.

In Genesis, during the second day.

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Genesis 1:6-8, NAB)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE (Genesis 1:6-8, NAB)[div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Then God said, "Let there be a dome in the middle of the waters, to seperate one body of water from the other."  And so it happened:  God made the dome, and it seperated the water above the dome from the water below it.  God called the dome "the sky."  Evening came, and morning followed -- the second day[/quote]

Later God attaches the sun and moon to the dome.  The windows (my bible calls them floodgates) are mentioned in the story of Noah.

I'm keeping this banner.

<cctmsp13[RIA]> www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz9U9qGGYmo
<Drummer[FF]> lmao
<Croix> what the fucking shit
<Croix> did i just click cctmsp13[RIA]
<cctmsp13[RIA]> not sure
<Croix> those two girls murdered a robot, and the robot seemed to enjoy it.
<cctmsp13[RIA]> oh that
<Croix> then they... i don't even know, charged up a portable generator on their vibrators?
<Croix> the fuck is wrong with you:X

cctmsp13, President of Korinekia
Viceroy of The RIA
Sovereign of the NPL

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2007, 04:09:11 pm »
actually, this "dome" your bible mentions could actually be the atmosphere, when God creates it to protect us from space. The two bodies of "water" would then be the actual earth and space, which makes sense.

Also, you have to realize that what your bible says is not exactly what the Bible, in its original state, exactly meant, because of language differences, you know. For example, after his resurrection, Jesus asked Peter three times "Do you love me?" and Peter answered, "Yes, Lord, I love you." In English the word "love" is the same, but in its original Greek, Jesus uses a different word for love than Peter does the first two times. Some of the translations are different than others, so there's some room to try and interpret what is actually meant. You also have to realize that this was written thousands of years before Astronomy, so its possible that God made it understandable to the people of the time who would read it instead of baffling them with the way things really were.

The Bible makes many references to the "Floodgates of Heaven." It's probably a figurative thing.

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
  • war boner is 0.26" long.
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Casterly Rock
  • Ruler: leonardothered
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2007, 10:08:33 pm »
Quote from: invincible13matt
actually, this "dome" your bible mentions could actually be the atmosphere, when God creates it to protect us from space. The two bodies of "water" would then be the actual earth and space, which makes sense.

Also, you have to realize that what your bible says is not exactly what the Bible, in its original state, exactly meant, because of language differences, you know. For example, after his resurrection, Jesus asked Peter three times "Do you love me?" and Peter answered, "Yes, Lord, I love you." In English the word "love" is the same, but in its original Greek, Jesus uses a different word for love than Peter does the first two times. Some of the translations are different than others, so there's some room to try and interpret what is actually meant. You also have to realize that this was written thousands of years before Astronomy, so its possible that God made it understandable to the people of the time who would read it instead of baffling them with the way things really were.

The Bible makes many references to the "Floodgates of Heaven." It's probably a figurative thing.

It would be far more baffling to give them something more truthful, would it not? If God had claimed to have invented gravity, he may have gotten somewhere.
A Lannister always pays his debts

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2007, 04:16:23 pm »
uh, yes, that's what I said. And what do you mean about gravity?

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Six years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2007, 04:19:38 pm »
similar, but the moving factor is different. Some entertain the thought that God made evolution and set it into motion after he created species, fully knowing what would come of it.

The moving factor may be different, but the similarities are way to similar to just brush off.

EDIT: Used the wrong word in the second part.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 06:48:14 pm by Leo »
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2007, 06:07:21 pm »
are they? With the theists they claim that God started it all, that a conscious being made the beginning. Those who believe in the creation theory of evolution claim it just sort of happened because of a chemical thing that just happened to jive. That's pretty different to me.

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2007, 06:17:49 pm »
uh, yes, that's what I said. And what do you mean about gravity?

Exactly, so if God had told us how things ACTUALLY worked, or even hinted at it, then it would've been much better proof to his own existence. If he was all-knowing, he would have known just that.

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2007, 06:48:44 pm »
are they? With the theists they claim that God started it all, that a conscious being made the beginning. Those who believe in the creation theory of evolution claim it just sort of happened because of a chemical thing that just happened to jive. That's pretty different to me.

Read my post again, I messed up last time.
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2007, 07:30:00 pm »
Shy: God does know how all that stuff works. He invented it; he ought to know. The thing is, he had more important things to explain to us in the Bible, such as his lovingkindness, mercy, grace, holiness, and his plan for our salvation. Why would he waste time explaining to us everything in the world he created? To me, part of the perk of living in this world is that we DON'T know everything. Every time some scientist discovers some new thing, I think, "Wow, what an awesome concept from an awesome God."

Leo: I'm having trouble seeing what you mean. Sorry. An almighty creator and a spontaneous reaction seem way too different for me.

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2007, 04:27:05 pm »
Shy: God does know how all that stuff works. He invented it; he ought to know. The thing is, he had more important things to explain to us in the Bible, such as his lovingkindness, mercy, grace, holiness, and his plan for our salvation. Why would he waste time explaining to us everything in the world he created? To me, part of the perk of living in this world is that we DON'T know everything. Every time some scientist discovers some new thing, I think, "Wow, what an awesome concept from an awesome God."

Leo: I'm having trouble seeing what you mean. Sorry. An almighty creator and a spontaneous reaction seem way too different for me.

But it's not God that came up with the idea, why attribute it to him?

You realize that's a Greek polytheistic way of thinking?

Also, if God was all-knowing, then he would know the perfect solution to getting people to follow him. If he wanted people to follow him, he should have given us actual proof of his ideas and things before-hand.

He isn't omniscient. Also, this goes way back to the Soddom and Gomorra thing me and wtp were talking about: If God gave use the choice whether or not to believe in him, why destroy the cities? Even if they were actively plotting to destroy God's cities, then why doesn't he do anything about it nowadays? Why didn't he stop those terrorists from destroying the Twin Towers when there was an arseload of Christians inside of them? He's willing to destroy entire cities to save his people, but not some terrorists?

Who gave God the right to say what is right and wrong, to seek out Justice in our world when he doesn't have to live in it, when he's above the law? He sets a great example in that way, doesn't he?

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2007, 07:27:37 pm »
Shy, I said that God did come up with all of those ideas. How else would they get here? Random chance?

God's ways are not our ways; it's said very specifically in the Bible. We cannot begin to fathom why he allowed the terrorist attacks. All I know is this: all of those in that building had fulfilled their purpose when they died. That is why people die: because they have fulfilled God's purpose for them. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I DO NOT want a God I can understand. Because if I can understand him, that puts him on the level of my intellect, and, great as it is, I would not want me being the most powerful being in the world.

Uh, no one gave God the right to say what is right and wrong. Because he was. That's simply it. He was, and no one else was. God cannot live in our world because of sin. God has come up with a perfect plan to save us, and he came up with an amazing plan to get our attention. It's all in Revelation. And still, people don't follow God because they want the pleasure of sins. He did give us proof of his deeds beforehand. He gave us prophecies, said, "Here's where I'll be when, so watch." And then, lo and behold, he did it. It's called Messiah, Jesus Christ. Books that were written between 500 to about 1000 years before him were fulfilled.

Also, about Sodom and Gomorrah, those cities were destroyed because they were wallowing in sin. There was not a good man in either of them. God told Lot, "If you can find but one good man in the city, I will spare them." But Lot could not.

You seem to be under the impression that if you're a Christian, good fortune will follow you everywhere you go. That is terribly wrong. Christians are to expect persecution, hardship, and all manners of bad things.

callofduty

« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2007, 02:48:31 pm »
well if this is going to go on much longer I will not be happy. This isn't the sort of thing that you should be typeing about unless you want to start a huge debate and I for one can not tolerate people who say this type of stuff I I I
I MUST NOT..... MUST RESIST...... I MUST KILL TOPIC STARTER!!!!!

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2007, 12:50:03 pm »
don't kill Shyox... without him, we have no alliance!

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 4.97" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2007, 07:58:36 pm »
I believe the statistics for the big bang happening was 1 out of 100... with 40000 zeroes after it
Ruling over pie since that one time a couple years ago.

Quote from: Wikipedia Article for Portal
Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2007, 11:32:25 pm »
Wow..

I was led to beleive that this alliance was somewhat forward thinking.

This is the second alliance where I have encountered hardcore bookthumpers..  In the team which is reknowned for being the most open minded.  I'm beginning to think CN is a covert front for christian evangelists.

Whats the deal?
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.  Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.  And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.  And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
-Ezekiel 25:17

Offline cctmsp13

• Viceroy
  • Funktuar
  • Viceroy of the RIA - Maru!
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 19.11" long.
  • has 318 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: korinekia
  • Ruler: cctmsp13
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2007, 01:26:59 am »
We accept all kinds in the RIA.  

Someone posted a topic, and they replied, not a big deal.  

Outside of this and maybe a couple other topics spread across Random Insanity and General Discussion, the issue never comes up.

Invincable13matt and Wethepeople have both been rather respectful, noones told me (the avowed atheist) that I'm going to hell, or that I'm blind to the truth or anything like that.

I'm keeping this banner.

<cctmsp13[RIA]> www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz9U9qGGYmo
<Drummer[FF]> lmao
<Croix> what the fucking shit
<Croix> did i just click cctmsp13[RIA]
<cctmsp13[RIA]> not sure
<Croix> those two girls murdered a robot, and the robot seemed to enjoy it.
<cctmsp13[RIA]> oh that
<Croix> then they... i don't even know, charged up a portable generator on their vibrators?
<Croix> the fuck is wrong with you:X

cctmsp13, President of Korinekia
Viceroy of The RIA
Sovereign of the NPL

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 47 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317