Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Jesus was the biggest blasphemer ever  (Read 12437 times)

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 4.97" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
Jesus was the biggest blasphemer ever
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2007, 07:52:58 am »
Anything where a non-christian gathers is sa place for evangilism
Ruling over pie since that one time a couple years ago.

Quote from: Wikipedia Article for Portal
Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2007, 02:13:18 pm »
Quote from: pielord47
Anything where a non-christian gathers is sa place for evangilism

Or maybe a college?  A scientific laboratory?  A symposium of intellectuals?

I would *love* to see you evangelize in such a setting.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 02:15:23 pm by Perc »
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.  Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.  And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.  And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
-Ezekiel 25:17

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2007, 02:20:45 pm »
you can evangilize anywhere i do at school
as long as you got the guts to say something you can evagalize

Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

callofduty

« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2007, 06:37:02 pm »
will someone please close this topic I really want to kill the person who started it in the first place
*I am a christian and my father is a pastor so yea I take great offense to all of this

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2007, 06:57:52 pm »
Quote from: callofduty
will someone please close this topic I really want to kill the person who started it in the first place
*I am a christian and my father is a pastor so yea I take great offense to all of this

lol first, this was started by an admin. second, you can express your opinion on the matter without demanding that it be closed. and isnt one of your commandments "thou shalt not kill"?

oh and just for the record im an atheist. the idea of some guy in the sky (or even a unifying spirit) having anything to do with our lives just seems preposterous to me. and the fear tactic of saying ill go to hell if i refuse to appease this guiding force thing by following some random archaic code of laws is just crazy. seriously, youd think an all-knowing creator would have something better to do than go around damning his creations if they fantasize about sex...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 06:58:41 pm by schneereich »

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2007, 07:30:01 pm »
dude everyone sins
but if you except jesus then you could sin all you want and still go to heaven but you should not
and when was the last time someone got damned?

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2007, 12:00:35 am »
dude everyone sins
but if you except jesus then you could sin all you want and still go to heaven but you should not

i didnt mention sin. i said appeasement. accepting the idea that there is a god (or that it had a son) somehow pleases it. i mean, why the hell would it care?

if everyone were to stop believing in gods the entire concept would disappear. i mean, look at the greek gods. you do realize that these gods were not "mythology" to the ancient greeks - they were religion. now that everyone has stopped believing in them, they no longer exist as gods, but instead as stories. you can say the same about the roman gods, norse gods, celtic gods, aztec gods, mayan gods... etc.

i find it amusing (in a depressing way) that missionaries from major religions go around spreading their crap to indigenous people. i wonder what the world would be like if the yanomamo or the azmat spread their religions around the world. after all, they have just as much credibility!

and when was the last time someone got damned?

do you even know what getting damned means? it would be when god (or one of his minions) banishes you to hell (or an equivalent) for some period of time (although christians say eternity... ouch) because of your actions on earth. the religions that use this scare tactic conveniently claims that it happens after death, so that it cant be disproven unless you can communicate with the dead.

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2007, 02:03:05 pm »
God cares about us because he created us
you get banished to hell forever or for never

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2007, 02:53:08 pm »
People who accept as fact something which has no rational basis are crazy.  The clinical definition of insanity is repetition of behavior while expecting different results.  This means that if you pray without result more than once, you are clinically insane.  While not clinically insane, the atheist is nonetheless (to my mind) equally insane to the 'person of faith.'  Seriously, who the hell are you people to say - for sure, that there is or is not a god?

Spirituality is one tool (of many) for the ignorant to explain unexplained phenomena.  While this in and of itself does not denote insanity, there are many other tools available to modern mankind with which to explain the universe around us.  Science for instance, is an extremely valuable tool because for the most part it can be verified through testing by whoever has the resources and the know-how.  Old books are a tool which allow modern people to study what people in the past thought.  Using old books as empirical evidence is pseudo-science.  To be sure, I am speaking mainly of the christian bible, the quran, the gospels, the tora, and other jewish texts.  I am not saying there is *no* truth in these texts, which is shown by various treasure hunters who have in fact unearthed artifacts from places to which they were directed by ancient writings.  However, to use these texts as some kind of evidence of the existance of one or more gods is totally ludicrous.

Why don't you people stop and think?

The only way to have a concept of god is to let go of your need for sureness.  I do not believe in god, nor do I believe in the non-existance of god.  If you educate yourselves (via lectures from intellectuals or books other than propaganda), you will come to find that the various old texts claiming a gensis myth contain exactly that: a myth.  The doppler effect shows us the approximate age of the universe.  The fossil record shows us the timeline of life on this planet.  Many people think "dinosaurs" when the word fossil is evoked, but as a biotechnology major, I am educated on the evolution of bacteria millions of years before any 'higher' forms of life existed.  There is evidence written in stone which is much older and much more empirical than any dusty book you religious types can produce.

I feel that I have not yet fully expressed my point.  I definitely do not want to leave atheists out of my tirade, for they are equally closed-minded and full of their own egos.  For you people who claim the non-existance of god as fact (all atheists), please explain what caused the initial spark.  Case closed.  I do want to say however, that at least athiests for the most part do not try and spread their drivel to the ears of others.  At least atheists do not belong to an organization responsible for *THE WORST* atrocities against mankind.

I really hate to have to break this shit down to you uneducated victims of cultural brainwashing, but as I have chosen this alliance as my home, I feel it is my responsibility.  To those who claim that the leaders of the crusades etc. were not christian, I must say that you're full of hoolabaloo.  It's as if you were neo-nazis, who still believe in the aryan race, but do not support hitler-esque ethnic cleansing, and say that hitler wasn't a real nazi.  The people who led the crusades, the spanish inquisition, the witch-hunts..  THEY WERE IN FACT CHRISTIAN, WHO FOLLOWED ALL OF THE SAME STRUCTURES OF RULES THAT YOU DO NOW.  You belong to a cult which has history of extreme racial violence.  When talking to an educated person, you cannot divorce yourself from these facts.  This is why christians are not taken seriously by the educated.

All of that being said, I believe that there may in fact have been a jesus, a mohammed, a siddhartha, etc.  They were most likely well-spoken individuals with very strong feelings.  They were able to convey messages, which others wrote down because the messages were good.  It is plain as day that many of the things these MEN said were good.  However, as soon as those with power and influence started meddling with the messages (religion, any), instantly the messages were corrupted.

Religion is a tool of the powerful to keep the masses tired and thusly ignorant and non-violent.

Think about it.  If john doe thinks there is a heaven awaiting him if he leads a good life, he will work harder - waking up earlier and working longer into the twilight.  He will 'put in his dues,' so that he will be accepted into an eternity of happiness.  This tactic is little more advanced than the carrot on a stick which makes the donkey walk further than he otherwise could/would.  As soon as word of the effectiveness of this tactic spread, religion was invited into nearly every major empire in the world.  Look it up, you can see the spread of religion is faster than any other movement.  It was changed and refined, with the more successful empires clinging to a certain doctrine as if it was part of the original culture.  History (even your bible, if looked at from a different point of view) shows us these facts with unarguable certainty.  The kings of the land embraced religion wholeheartedly, not because of any belief in the dogmas, but because the results in production and refinement of resources and the lower levels of crime were immediate and astonishing.  People developed stronger communities and had better lives.  On the surface this seems like a great thing for everyone, but it is based on falsehoods and lies, and the machinations of the powerful.  These people, now tired from working more and happy because such work would lead them to the afterlife, stopped putting so much emphasis on what was happening around them.  They simply did not have time to care about the infidels.  The higher tax influx allowed the leaders of the day more resources with which to pay for armies to wage war in foreign lands.  This increase in funds was of course spun to reflect some god's acceptance and encouragement, and so many otherwise non-judgemental young men went to war to kill many people who's skin was a different color.

All in the name of god.

I could go on and on.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.  Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.  And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.  And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2007, 02:53:31 pm »
*edit Double posted..*
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 02:54:33 pm by Perc »

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2007, 04:48:26 pm »
it says in the bible which was written over 2000 years and which is historically accurate
and which is more likely- the big bang or a all-powerful deity existing and creating ewvrything

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2007, 05:02:06 pm »
it says in the bible which was written over 2000 years and which is historically accurate
and which is more likely- the big bang or a all-powerful deity existing and creating ewvrything
That is the lamest run-on and incomplete sentance I have ever seen.

I speak english as my first language.  Does RIA have a translator for "moron-to-english" in the house?  Someone please explain his point, or lack thereof.

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 6.25" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Realm of Mpire
  • Ruler: invincible13matt
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2007, 05:03:21 pm »
I dislike the fact that you seem to believe that all Christians are not educated. That hurts my feelings and makes me a ::, because I am amongst the smartest in my class. Please don't make such a mistake again. I have considered all of this. I'm not a fool. I have seen the full case for Christ. The ancient prophecies fulfilled, and his resurrection. Because all of this is true, therefore everything he said is true. And the people who wrote his books weren't exactly deluded fools- take, for example, Matthew, who was a tax collector. He would be an intelligent person. He must have generally believed that Jesus was Christ and also God if he was to write the Gospel named after him.

Also, do not so quickly believe that science and Christianity cannot co-exist. Some parts do clash, but some parts of science go quite along with the things Christianity says. It would seem you think that as well.

And please don't call me an "uneducated [victim] of cultural brainwashing" because I am not. I have simply made a decision. You have made yours. Please do not be so disrespectful about it. I am not disrespecting your view in any way.
More resilient than Wile E. Coyote.

Third, Fourth Great War Veteran, War of the Coalition Veteran
Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2007, 05:36:27 pm »
Quote from: invincible13matt
I'm not a fool. I have seen the full case for Christ. The ancient prophecies fulfilled, and his resurrection. Because all of this is true, therefore everything he said is true.

unsupported
adjective
1.  not sustained or maintained by nonmaterial aid; "unsupported accusations" [ant: supported]  
2.  not held up or borne; "removal of the central post left the roof unsupported" [ant: supported]  

rhet·o·ric      /ˈrɛtərɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ret-er-ik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. (in writing or speech) the undue use of exaggeration or display; bombast.  
2. the art or science of all specialized literary uses of language in prose or verse, including the figures of speech.  
3. the study of the effective use of language.  
4. the ability to use language effectively.  
5. the art of prose in general as opposed to verse.  
6. the art of making persuasive speeches; oratory.  
7. (in classical oratory) the art of influencing the thought and conduct of an audience.  
8. (in older use) a work on rhetoric.

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2007, 05:39:04 pm »
you're not getting anywhere by being disrespectful

Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2007, 05:42:03 pm »
I'm not being disrespectful matt; I'm stating truth.  If you feel disrespected by the truth, perhaps some introspection on your part is in order.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 05:42:20 pm by Perc »

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2007, 05:48:02 pm »
Anyway, why don't you try *not* using logical fallacies (in this case, you employ the ad hominem or "against the arguer" fallacy, in which the debate opponent ignores the argument of his or her counterpart and instead makes a personal attack on the credibility of said counterpart) to support your cause and develop a point?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 05:48:57 pm by Perc »

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2007, 05:51:17 pm »
let's see here... heavily conotated words and sentences to the negative seems pretty disrespectful to me... i.e. "Does RIA have a translator for "moron-to-english" in the house?" "Why don't you people stop and think?" "uneducated victims of cultural brainwashing" This is very heavily weighted diction, and I would ask you to think twice before using such again.

And deciding that someone is so beneath you that you have to state definitions instead of simply stating what you think is out of order. You could have simply said, "I believe that what you think is unsupported" instead of talking down to me. That's disrespect.

Also, you yourself called your method of discourse a "tirade" which is an angry, vehement sort of speech. This isn't warranted here. None of us are being angry or hostile toward you; you should not do that to us.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 05:54:09 pm by invincible13matt »

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2007, 06:01:54 pm »
Matt, I don't believe your rhetoric is unsupported, I know it for a fact.  People who believe without question in the existance of a god (especially a specific god) are in fact brainwashed by their respective cultures, uneducated as to the facts of this world, and I feel they have been unduely victimized by the powers that be.

As far as me calling that guy a moron, look at his pattern of speech, and the substance of his words: you will find a definite lack of education and motivation to change his current state of ignorance.  This is the same guy who said "spelling only matters in a lit paper?"

..and what's wrong with asking people to think?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 06:03:05 pm by Perc »

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2007, 06:06:53 pm »
*sighs*
brainwashed

adjective
subjected to intensive forced indoctrination resulting in the rejection of old beliefs and acceptance of new ones; "brainwashed prisoners of war"; "captive audiences for TV commercials can become brainwashed consumers"

hence, I am not brainwashed because I believe it on my own, not for another. I have considered it, and all the factors, as a scholar, and have made my choice. I question it all the time. But I come back to it after some consideration.

How do I know he's not a moron? Uh, as I am writing this, he is sitting within three feet of me...

And there's nothing wrong with asking people to think, just the tone in which you said it.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 48 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317